[RAA-WG] Discussion: Registrar Accreditation Policy

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight michele at blacknight.ie
Thu Jul 26 08:03:25 CDT 2007

Jacqueline A. Morris wrote:
> Jeff wrote:
> ICANN does
> not need to encourage registrar rating as there are already
> independent organizations already doing so.
>
> I think that even if there are other orgs doing registrar rating,
> ICANN should encourage it - not do it, but encourage people to use
> the ratings, and maybe even use the independent ratings themselves to
> get an idea of how the registrars are going and to get some early
> indication if there are going to be problems.
>
> Who are the rating agencies? If we have a list we can post it on the
> wiki for this WG.

I'd be very interested in finding out about "registrar ratings" as well,
considering the marketing tactics that some of them have started employing:

http://www.isquattedyour.eu/2007/07/22/registrars-resorting-to-comment-spam-
todaynic-using-dodgy-marketing/

http://tinyurl.com/2495x6

Mr Michele Neylon