[RAA-WG] Starting the discussion

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Tue Jul 24 12:02:42 CDT 2007

Danny Younger ha scritto:
> To that end, I am looking for RAA contract language
> that stipulates requirements with words such as "MUST"
> (instead of "MAY").
>
> The upcoming revisions to the RAA represent a chance
> to properly police the registrar industry in the
> public interest...  it also represents the possibility
> of new loopholes to be exploited by the registrar
> community.
>
> Whatever language emerges will need to be thoroughly
> scrutinized.

I agree with your view. At the same time, this will be a negotiation, so
we will have to see what we can get out of this. However, my objective
is also to raise longer term issues - even if we can't manage to get
them into this round of revisions to the RAA, at least we can release
some seeds so that further changes can happen in the next round, or that
problems can be addressed at the level of GNSO PDPs or staff activity
(ratings and compliance mechanisms are two things that do not need to go
through a PDP, for example).
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------