[NA-Discuss] VOTE RESULTS: 2013 NARALO Secretary Selection

Garth Bruen gbruen at knujon.com
Mon Jul 22 16:15:10 UTC 2013

Kieren,

Thanks for the comment. Our elections are critical and getting them right is
even more important.

As far as reporting goes I would like to draw your attention to this
document: http://www.knujon.com/icann_compliance_2012.pdf which shows that
ICANN's internal compliance function is essentially non-functional
regardless of recently published data by ICANN. This was a follow up to a
report sent directly to the CEO
(http://www.icann.org/en/news/correspondence/bruen-to-chehade-22apr13-en.pdf
) which has not been responded to.

ICANN is failing the public At-Large and won't discuss these core concerns,
has been completely silent on them. I think you can help by raising your
voice to ask about them as well from within our community.

There is a very long report log here:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Durban+Meeting+Reports+
Workspace which is being constantly updated by At-Large representatives,
even remote ones. Working groups regularly give reports on our monthly
calls. We'd love to have you come on and give your perspective, let me know.

So, it's not really a question of reporting from At-Large, it's more of a
question of why we have to leave our families and travel thousands of miles
just to be ignored by ICANN. It's really not that much fun. If the problems
could be solved and questions answered, we wouldn't have to go at all.

-Garth