[NA-Discuss] Voting None of the Above Re: …

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Wed Jul 18 19:18:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am really not making myself clear.

1. I appreciate the work others are doing and am glad we have those who are willing to step up.  And they seem like real good folks I can support,

2. No, i am not volunteering for a NARALO task at this point, though I do already volunteer for several At-Large tasks and am still learning my way around the At-LArge environment. I think 3 tasks is my limit for now.  Someday I may consider putting myself forward as a volunteer for one of the NARALO leadership tasks, but this is not my time to do so.  Then again, as I said in (1), I think we have good volunteers for the leadership roles and I feel no need to stand against any of them.

3. Wanting a ballot and wanting 'none of the above ' on the ballot does not mean i want to vote 'none of the above' (see above).  I just think 1 person elections are incomplete democracy and are so easy to fix. i.e, by adding 'none of the above' to the ballot.

4. Mostly nobody, or close to nobody, ever votes 'none of the above' and that is really cool.
   (from personal experience of having run against 'none of the above' on several occasions,
     it is a wonderful relief when the results include few to no such votes.)

5. But if anyone _had_ felt the need to vote 'none of the above', they _could_ have done so.

And that is what matters to me.
But I don't know if my ALS even agrees with me.

cheers

avri