[NA-Discuss] Election update

Bob Bruen bruen at coldrain.net
Mon Aug 13 15:57:54 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am starting to participate in a non-naralo-related working group, which
is requiring me to fill out the SoI form. I have been given a username and
password. There lots of people listed already, most not part of what I am
involved with.

Evan's observation is correct, it is confusing, because the term (SOI) is
used for two different things. Moreover, the other one is really a
statement of potential conflicts of interest and what it is you do outside
of ICANN.

           --bob

On Mon, 13 Aug 2012, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> On 13 August 2012 11:14, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca> wrote:
>

>>  So, this only applies for those running for ALAC, right?  Our Chair
>> nominees don’t have to do that?
>>

> It isn't demanded of anyone. But once the SoI collection system is mature
> it may be recommended that anyone involved in At-Large policy activity --
> whether as an ALAC rep, RALO leadership or individual Working Group
> participant -- have an SoI on file for the purposes of maintaining the
> utmost transparency.
>
> It is possible that in the future, certain At-Large activity may require
> having an SoI on file. I believe that there at least some GNSO working
> groups demand that all participants have completed an SoI (which is why I
> have one on file there too). It is ALAC's choice whether to make such
> transparency mandatory for certain activities in the future, but currently
> it is optional and merely an act of voluntary disclosure.
>
> - Evan

Dr. Robert Bruen
Cold Rain Labs
http://coldrain.net/bruen