[NA-Discuss] request for two rooms/events in Dakar

Beau Brendler beaubrendler at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 28 17:53:58 UTC 2011

Seth, Heidi...

The NA-RALO wants to request, if possible, two rooms for two separate events at Dakar.

One room is needed for a discussion to present the "findings of the NA-RALO's Task Force on Puerto Rico's ccTLD Controversy," or something to that effect. One hour, room for 20 people, audiovisual, Spanish translation if possible, French too if we can have it. Presenters tentatively will be Eduardo Diaz if he wants to, as well as Garth Bruen, and I'll moderate. Possible remote dial-in. We will also need space on the event calendar to promote the event, as I would guess there will be interested participants.

A second room is needed, and added to the event calendar, for an open discussion to develop NA-RALO's North American Internet users' survey on prioritizing policy for NA-RALO and ICANN. One hour, audiovisual, French and Spanish if possible, room for 20 people. We also need schedule space for this as there will no doubt be some strong opinions on survey content. Note that the working group is evolving a course of action that would involve an ALS survey, as well as a general North American users' survey.

I realize this is probably late notice, but both events will be worthwhile and need stakeholder interest.

If necessary, we could also append both these sessions to scheduled at-large activities, assuming that's OK with the ALAC ex-com, but would still need promotion that they are happening.

Please let me know what the possibilities are, and at that point I can provide further details on content of the sessions, etc. Please note we don't want to be exiled to some dusty corner of the conference center on Thursday at 7 p.m., or jammed into the interim slot between the last session on Wednesday, and the Gala, when everyone's getting dressed/hammered, or at 6 a.m. on Friday.

Thanks

Beau