[NA-Discuss] Requirements for NARALO individual membership and related motion (Beau, 10 min)

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Sat May 7 12:47:39 UTC 2011

I totally agree with Beau on this matter.  The individual members can "police" themselves and if changes need to be made in the future, we can address them then.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
N-CAP/Department of Education
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
dthompson at gov.nu.ca
From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org [na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] on behalf of Beau Brendler [beaubrendler at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 7:50 PM
To: Danny Younger; na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Requirements for NARALO individual membership and related motion (Beau, 10 min)

Actually, I believe that's a leftover agenda item from the last meeting. I probably won't get around to updating the agenda until Monday AM now, as the meeting apparently was accidentally deleted from ICANN staff's calendars and as a result I had not paid attention to the agenda until today. Unless there is something you want brought up, I probably won't put it on there.

When it was discussed, the general drift was to leave the individual membership requirements more or less alone, though I don't believe the issue was resolved as to creating more specificity for eligibility (i.e., indy members should be in a non-profit or non-commercial capacity). I'm the one who put the agenda item on there, out of concern for the pre-GAC scorecard kibitzing we were getting on the NA list from contracted parties. But that seems to have passed us, in both time and passion. And I understand that people generally want to err on the side of inclusiveness rather than exclusiveness.

Anyway, my opinion on that whole thing has evolved to basically this: I trust the individual membership representative, Eric B-W, to alert us to any concerns going forward.