[NA-Discuss] FW: [Secretariat] Agenda proposal for Secretariats meeting Singapore

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Thu Jun 9 17:33:22 UTC 2011

We discussed this at the RALO Leadership telephone conference this morning.  We concluded that there are three basic "types" of non-active ALSs:

  1.  ALSs who have ceased to exist (for whatever reason the business has failed)
  2.  An ALS who only had one person that was interested in ICANN-related matters and that person has moved on
  3.  An ALS who just doesn't participate (maybe has lost interest?)

In the case of #1, de-accreditation can happen almost immediately.  In the case of #2, we would want to consult with the person who has moved on to make any kind of informed decision.  In the case of #3, we would want to give longer time lines and try to re-engage.

We will be talking about this more in Singapore and I will make sure that you are included, Eduardo.  It will be during the Secretariat's Meeting that is always held at the ICANN conferences.

I would like to hear from anybody who has an opinion on this!

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910