[NA-Discuss] Pre-registrations

Danny Younger dannyyounger at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 6 19:25:49 UTC 2011

In announcing the final countdown to .eu, the European Commission used this language:

"Given a risk of confusion and even fraud, use of "pre-registration" services is not recommended by the Commission. In any case consumers and companies are encouraged to check exactly what is and what is not being offered."

I see no harm in recommending the issuance of a similarly-worded ICANN Advisory.