[NA-Discuss] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Reminder: Apply Now for the At-Large Advisory Committee, ALAC

Thompson, Darlene DThompson1 at GOV.NU.CA
Thu Jul 21 17:53:41 UTC 2011

Yes, thank you for the clarification, Evan.  I misread Olivier’s e-mail and applied it to the wrong position!

Darlene A. Thompson
Community Access Program Administrator
Nunavut Dept. of Education / N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Station 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca<mailto:dthompson at gov.nu.ca>

From: evanleibovitch at gmail.com [mailto:evanleibovitch at gmail.com] On Behalf Of Evan Leibovitch
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2011 1:39 PM
To: Thompson, Darlene
Cc: Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond; na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Reminder: Apply Now for the At-Large Advisory Committee, ALAC

On 21 July 2011 12:37, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca<mailto:DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca>> wrote:
This only gives us until Monday!

So far we have one nomination.  Beau, you were mentioning that you may have another.

I think there may be two positions being confused.

One is for nominations to ALAC to assist in its selection of the NomCom rep from At-Large North America (optionally recommended -- but not formally selected -- by NARALO). This is the normal process to choose a successor for Eduardo Diaz, who has served the maximum two consecutive terms in that position. So far I am only aware of Glenn McKnight's nomination, though Beau said he might have someone in mind,

The other is for applications to the NomCom as it selects a North American ALAC representative, to fill the unexpectecd vacancy created by Marc Rotenberg's mid-term resignation. That is the position referred to in Olivier's message that started this thread. Applications for this position are made to the NomCom directly, and may be done in total confidentiality should the applicant so desire. (Ie, we will never know how many applied for the position.)

And, yes, it's circular. ALAC sends people to the NomComm which itself then appoints ALAC members,

- Evan