[NA-Discuss] Fwd: ICANN News Alert -- Reminder: Apply Now for the At-Large Advisory Committee, ALAC

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Thu Jul 21 17:39:22 UTC 2011

On 21 July 2011 12:37, Thompson, Darlene <DThompson1 at gov.nu.ca> wrote:

> This only gives us until Monday!
>
> So far we have one nomination.  Beau, you were mentioning that you may have
> another.

I think there may be two positions being confused.

One is for nominations to ALAC to assist in its selection of the NomCom rep
from At-Large North America (optionally recommended -- but not formally
selected -- by NARALO). This is the normal process to choose a successor for
Eduardo Diaz, who has served the maximum two consecutive terms in that
position. So far I am only aware of Glenn McKnight's nomination, though Beau
said he might have someone in mind,

The other is for applications to the NomCom as it selects a North American
ALAC representative, to fill the unexpectecd vacancy created by Marc
Rotenberg's mid-term resignation. That is the position referred to in
Olivier's message that started this thread. Applications for this position
are made to the NomCom directly, and may be done in total confidentiality
should the applicant so desire. (Ie, we will never know how many applied for
the position.)

And, yes, it's circular. ALAC sends people to the NomComm which itself then
appoints ALAC members,

- Evan