[NA-Discuss] Stability, Security, and Resilience of the DNS Review Team

John R. Levine johnl at iecc.com
Thu Apr 7 20:45:07 UTC 2011

> For those community-based TLD proposals from poorer economies -- the ones
> for whom the JAS group has been formed to try to lower costs -- the use of
> one of the big registry operators is *not* a given, and in these cases the
> cost of implementing DNSSEC could be significant.

I see your point, but I don't think it's a problem.  If you have a small
zone, you can do everything with BIND or NSD or unbound. You need
competent staff to manage it, but it's all industry standard free
software, most likely the same software you'd be using anyway.  If .MUSEUM
can sign and publish, which it does using that freeware, I think it's fair
to expect other small TLDs to do the same thing.

Regards,