[NA-Discuss] Fwd: Edits and comments to NARALO/ALAC position statement on GAC scorecard

Avri Doria avri at ella.com
Fri Apr 1 18:54:13 UTC 2011

On 1 Apr 2011, at 14:51, Evan Leibovitch wrote:

> And anyway, we don't need the new TLD program to enable IDN TLDs, which are already underway under the fast track program.

Those are only ccTLDs.  And while some ccTLDs are open most come with some sort of sovereignty based restrictions.

Long ago, I fought the fast track happening before the new gTLD and argued for them to have a synchronized start.  I felt that once the new ccTLDS came out, it would slow down the advent of new gTLDS and even be used as a reason to avoid new gTLDs altogether.  So sorry to see I was right.

a.