[NA-Discuss] Reminder:--Seeking Regional Advice on the application of a new ALS The Association of Internet Users

Leah Symekher leahs at isc.org
Wed Aug 17 21:48:54 UTC 2016

I agree with Eduardo's point of view.
I sent a statement earlier to Glenn and Judith sharing the same concern
and withholding support for ALS status for now for this proposal.

Leah Symekher
SFBay ISOC Chapter

On 8/17/16 2:14 PM, Eduardo Diaz wrote:
> I do not support the application at this moment. It seems to be
> chartered by only one person or maybe two. I recommend to wait in
> adopting this application until it can demonstrate to be more robust.
>
> -ed
>
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 2:22 PM Glenn McKnight
> <mcknight.glenn at gmail.com <mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>     As  Judith has pointed out  that  John  LaPrise has been an
>     Unaffiliated Member of NARALO but he has formulated a valuable  US
>     based organization that serves as it`s mandate the protection of
>     the end-internet users. This is a space that is ignored by ISOC
>     and other groups and it has alot of potential to grow and prosper.
>       We need to recognize that it`s in it`s infancy and overtime it
>     can play a significant role in helping raise awareness in the US
>     on Internet issues
>
>     I support the application
>
>     Glenn McKnight
>
>     Glenn McKnight
>     mcknight.glenn at gmail.com <mailto:mcknight.glenn at gmail.com>
>     skype  gmcknight
>     twitter gmcknight
>     .
>
>     On Wed, Aug 17, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Judith Hellerstein
>     <judith at jhellerstein.com <mailto:judith at jhellerstein.com>> wrote:
>
>         All,
>
>         This is just a reminder that the deadline is approaching  for
>         regional advice and I have only heard from one ALS.  Since
>         this is an unusual situation where the main contact person for
>         the ALS is already an active Individual member people should
>         feel free to email me directly their opinions on whether to
>         accept or reject this ALS.  Currently there is no procedure
>         for suspension of an application or for asking the applicant
>         any questions directly, but all these are great ideas for the
>         future as we are currently revising the ALS Criteria. Do
>         please let me know what your thoughts are.  You can write me
>         or Glenn directly.
>
>         Looking forward to hearing from you
>
>         Best,
>         Judith
>
>         _________________________________________________________________________
>         Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
>         Hellerstein & Associates
>         3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
>         Phone:(202) 362-5139 <tel:%28202%29%20362-5139>   Skype ID: judithhellerstein
>         E-mail:Judith at jhellerstein.com <mailto:Judith at jhellerstein.com>    Website:www.jhellerstein.com <http://www.jhellerstein.com>
>         Linked In:www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
>         <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/>
>         Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide

Leah Symekher
Snr. Account Manager
Internet Systems Corporation, ISC
950 Charter Street, Redwood City, CA 94063
Email: leahs at isc.org
Phone: + 1.650.423.1369