[NA-Discuss] WTF?

Evan Leibovitch evan at telly.org
Tue Oct 12 03:10:08 UTC 2010

On 11 October 2010 19:38, Beau Brendler <beaubrendler at earthlink.net> wrote:

> This has probably been explained before, but:
>
> Please note that Beau Brendler participated in the vote on behalf of the
> unaffiliated members. While his vote is visible on the above URL, it is not
> counted towards quorum as according to rule 15, an affirmative vote of not
> less than 70% of active North American At-Large Structures is required to
> amend the NARALO Operating Principles.
>
> What does that mean? Let's not pretend to give unaffiliated members a vote
> (in this particular case, a yes) if it's not going to be counted.

Beau, I don't know why it was not counted and will check into it. If you
participated in the vote then your vote counts and is part of the quorum. I
apologize on behalf of the process that may have inadvertently missed your
mention.

Of course, as you and I both know, the purpose of this vote was to codify
and formalize what had until been an informal and not-fully-recognised role
of unaffiliated members and their representatives within NARALO and
At-Large.

- Evan