[NA-Discuss] WTF?

Thompson, Darlene DThompson at GOV.NU.CA
Tue Oct 12 03:21:39 UTC 2010

Hi all,

I do not believe that Beau put in in an SOI to become the "vote" of the unaffilated members nor do I believe that they voted for him to be their "voice".   This is why we entrenched this position into the changes to the RoP.  We need to have more formal votes for this position.  I do not believe that our RoP gave a vote to the unaffiliated voice prior to the vote so this is now in force but was not before.

That is my understanding of it, anyways.

Darlene A. Thompson
CAP Administrator
Nunavut Department of Education/N-CAP
P.O. Box 1000, Sation 910
Iqaluit, NU  X0A 0H0
Phone:  (867) 975-5631
Fax:  (867) 975-5610
E-mail:  dthompson at gov.nu.ca

________________________________

From: na-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of Evan Leibovitch
Sent: Mon 10/11/2010 11:10 PM
To: Beau Brendler
Cc: na-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: Re: [NA-Discuss] WTF?

On 11 October 2010 19:38, Beau Brendler <beaubrendler at earthlink.net> wrote:

> This has probably been explained before, but:
>
> Please note that Beau Brendler participated in the vote on behalf of the
> unaffiliated members. While his vote is visible on the above URL, it is not
> counted towards quorum as according to rule 15, an affirmative vote of not
> less than 70% of active North American At-Large Structures is required to
> amend the NARALO Operating Principles.
>
> What does that mean? Let's not pretend to give unaffiliated members a vote
> (in this particular case, a yes) if it's not going to be counted.

Beau, I don't know why it was not counted and will check into it. If you
participated in the vote then your vote counts and is part of the quorum. I
apologize on behalf of the process that may have inadvertently missed your
mention.

Of course, as you and I both know, the purpose of this vote was to codify
and formalize what had until been an informal and not-fully-recognised role
of unaffiliated members and their representatives within NARALO and
At-Large.

- Evan
------
NA-Discuss mailing list