[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] CIP-LAC, ERA Re: CIP - LAC Solicitud de Retroalimentación

alberto at soto.net.ar alberto at soto.net.ar
Mon Jun 3 14:22:00 UTC 2024

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Sergio, in order not to waste time looking for other things, I am going to transcribe this email dated 04/26/2024.

 “Sergio, I must agree with Claire. You never explained your management even though we requested it.

 You insulted me publicly, personally and loudly at an ICANN meeting without any justification.

 I remember asking for explanations about:

 - Having passed the votes to secret ballots as soon as you took office and without consulting anyone. Vanda and I asked for them to be public and received no response. You are talking about a vote in ALAC and it is public, otherwise you would not have found out.

 - You made decisions on LACRALO projects to budget and did not consult LACRALO.

 - Even today I am asking about those projects from last year and I am not receiving an answer.

 - With Humberto you used two CROP places to go to Mexico and we never found out. I saw it when I saw the places that were occupied. I asked and no one answered

 - The Board of Directors has made decisions without consulting the RALO as appropriate.

 - There are several more, but I don't want to go into details.

 I think I also reported a long time ago that several ALAC Members were not attending ALAC meetings, and also not attending LACRALO meetings, and nothing was done. One of them did not reach 30% presence and another did not reach 50%.

 Now I see that people who never participated in LACRALO meetings or working groups appear, with your same speech, as if this demand for this vote was led by someone.

 I think both Claire and Lilian far surpass many of those who are attacking them, in every way. Will, participation, work and above all they are good and honest people.”

 Regarding LACRALO's annual requirements to Finance, it has been many years since we became aware that it has been requested. It is not only from this management, but from previous ones.

 Greetings

 Alberto Soto