[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Aceptación nominación

lilidebru at hotmail.com lilidebru at hotmail.com
Wed May 19 22:18:00 UTC 2021

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Dear Diego in response to your messages, although I am not very clear about it, I inform you that my membership in LACRALO is given, as I stated in my SOI through my representation of ALS MINKA Digital Colombia (formerly AGEIA Colombia). Regarding my condition as an indigenous person, I can tell you the following: I belong to the largest indigenous people in Colombia, the Wayuu, we inhabit the department of La Guajira and part of the Zulia state in Venezuela, which is known as the great Wayuu nation. The caste is the Epinayuu and the territory is called Panchomana and Tawaya. Thanks to the work done on digital inclusion with them, it led me to be favored with a grant from the At Large Global Indigenous Ambassador Program during ICANN 61.
 On 2 occasions and before the ICANN board during the public forum, I always expressed the need to give more conditions so that applicants to the indigenous peoples scholarship program had more facilities to access.
 ICANN and the At Large community have always been characterized by their deep interest in the participation of young people and people of indigenous peoples and today a significant score is awarded for belonging to this group to qualify for a place in the scholarship program .
 Our region is fortunate because it has a large indigenous population that we have treated and will continue to try to give voice to.

 Best regard,

 Lilian Ivette De Luque Bruges