[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] IDNs en El Salvador

Alejandro Pisanty apisanty at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 20:54:00 UTC 2020

[[-- Translated text (es -> en) --]]

Colleagues,

 our co-region, colleague and friend Lito Ibarra informs in his blog that the
 registration of IDNs (internationalized domain names) with
 Diacritics of Spanish is already enabled in the .sv domain of the
 Republic of El Salvador

 It also clarifies that these domain names can be used for pages
 Web but not for email addresses, as with many
 other IDNs (we know about the work on email that is much more complex). Y
 Finally, he points out that there is a transition period for IDNs to claim
 entities that currently have domain names registered in .sv
 with characters that can be substituted.

 The full note is in
 http://blogs.laprensagrafica.com/litoibarra/?p=5176

 This information is especially relevant for the working group of
 "Universal Acceptance" and its subgroup dedicated to IDNs. It also emphasizes that
 a relatively small record like that of .sv is easier to give
 this step. Regarding characteristic characters of indigenous languages
 we have had very little progress since the entities that could promote them,
 in the case of Mexico at least, they have clearly indicated that it is not
 a priority project today and will be for later, without fixing
 term.

 Best regards I regret we are not giving ourselves in person in Cancun.

 Alejandro Pisanty

 -
 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM School of Chemistry
 Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 +525541444475
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614