[lac-discuss-en] Posición de LACRALO

Vanda Scartezini vanda at scartezini.org
Wed Feb 13 17:14:08 UTC 2019

Dear Alejandro Acosta.
Lacralo's position, if we want to express it, can only  express its position against phishing in a general concept, since any phishing,  in most of our countries  is  crime, hence a matter under the local police responsibility.
There are lots of phishing going on in our region. We never talk about this in this community, even if it has been talking a lot in LACNIC, but there just to do their technical task: to alert ISPs, registrars , on how to avoid it, how to protect their clients - alerts and advices that what they can do.

Only talk about Venezuela's ISP phishing behavior becomes a political position, that neither LACRALO or ICANN shall involve themselves, no matter the issue is related to DNS or no.
Best practices on how to avoid it is available freely on LACNIC,  and people there can try to protect themselves , changing from the ISP, if it is possible etc.... Not easy to do so, I am aware.
We know what is happening there, could see the prove of theses phishing, we do not support neither the ISP in question or the lack of freedom that comes behind this phishing,  but as a crime, sorry to say, a multicountry but agnostic community like LACRALO cannot interfere.
 The best we can do is alert and advise, as normally LACNIC does but even so  but we know the ISP itself will not change its behavior
Vanda Scartezini
Polo Consultores Associados
Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil