[lac-discuss-en] Posición de LACRALO

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Wed Feb 13 20:12:08 UTC 2019

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject:Re:  Posición de LACRALO
Desde:"Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch" <apisan at unam.mx>

Dear Alejandro Acosta,

I agree in general with Vanda's position that it does not proceed
e that as LACRALO or ICANN we express ourselves regarding a phishi incident
ng, although the one that is in comment is an incident that is not oriented
to cause patrimonial damage (in that case it would be a crime and not an act po
lytic).

Where I think we should deepen is in the fact that we inform
an incident that manipulates the resolution of names in the DNS at the level of
a ccTLD or an operator very close to it, that is, with the potential to
Fectar all Internet users of a country in their rights. This
would be all the more important to the extent that the organization that
alizara said activity count on representatives in our community, which
Who would have to explain the measures cited in compatible terms
with its role as representatives of users.

This possibility underscores the importance of ALS and their representatives
declare their interests in relation to different actors of the user
s, such as ISPs and operators of ccTLDs and other registries.

Alejandro Pisanty

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
School of Chemistry UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

+ 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 FROM MEXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog:http://pisanty.blogspot.com
LinkedIn:http://www.linkedin.com/in/pisanty
Join the UNAM group on LinkedIn,http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C
0C8614