[lac-discuss-en] CEO Letter to the C+GAC explaining dot AMAzon...

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 15:02:19 UTC 2018

The letter was ICANN org's Pontius Pilate move; "we find no fault and we
wash our hands of it". Notice how it laid out all its burdens. You didn't
see the word ' you ingrates' but it could have very well been plastered in
the subject header.

First of all, realpolitik. The .amazon delegation was a foregone
conclusion. Why? Because the extant ICANN rules, nominative facts on the
ground and the commercial realities makes it so. The political reality is
ICANN Org cannot make the ACTO countries a supra-GAC.  When the GAC
decision was to ask ICANN org to 'facilitate' the negotiations between the
parties, that was the GAC's 'duck and run' signal.

I take a bet the Reconsideration Request will, after a decent interval and
without missing a beat in the current delegation process, be also politely
dismissed on a burden of facts.

If I were advising ACTO I would tell them to bitch and moan a little more,
quietly and grudgingly accept Amazon's latest proffer and declare victory.
I would even write the release for the hometown papers for free. [Hint: Go
heavy on taking a 2x4 to the head of the giant corporation until they yield
to superior reasoning.]

-Carlton

*Carlton A Samuels*

*Mobile: 876-818-1799Strategy, Process, Governance, Assessment & Turnaround*