[lac-discuss-en] Voto ALAC sobre KSK

Vanda Scartezini vanda at etges.com.br
Sat Apr 7 20:08:05 UTC 2018

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]
[[--This message had format issues and was not translated properly--]]

Subject:Re:   Voto ALAC sobre KSK
Desde:Vanda Scartezini <vanda at etges.com.br>

<translate text>

estiamdos
I already had the opportunity to express my opinion but I repeat it here: I am a
Please implement the key rollover around June:
My reasons:

a) if your domain is not under the DNSSEC per hour nothing you fear- it will not break
er your connection. The tests that we must circulate as wide as possible
in our countries they help everyone to perceive whether they are there or not.
b) If you are under DNSSEc then you have to know from an access provider if it is
Tá compliance with the latest version of DNSSEC. If you are not doing it
until June.

Still, if you're not under DNSSEC it's time to find another provider
I'm sure, after I've been done the rollover of the key. Ai then
you will be safer

On 4/6/18, 5:37 PM, "lac-discuss-en on behalf of Maritza Y. Aguero Minano" <l
ac-discuss-en-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org on behalf of myaguero at msn.com
> wrote:

[[--Translated text (en -> en) -]]
[[-This message had format issues and was not defined properly--]]

Subject: Re: Vote ALAC on KSK
From: "Maritza Y. Aguero Minano" <myaguero at msn.com>

Dear Humberto,

Thank you very much for your indications.

Dear ICANN Staff,

Please create the respective wiki. We will be responsible for placing t
he comments made on the wiki to be created.

The motion sent by Alejandro Pisanty is that of April 4 and is as follo
ws:

"From: lac-discuss-es <lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org>
On behalf of Alejandro Pisanty

Sent on: Wednesday, April 04, 2018 03:13 pm To: LACRALO <lac-discuss-es
@ atlarge-lists.icann.org> Subject: [lac-discuss-en] Vote ALAC on KSK

Colleagues,

at https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Workspace
% 3A + Plan + to + Restart + the + Root + Key + Signing + Key +% 28KSK% 29 + Rollover + Process you
can see what that ALAC will vote to express the opinion of the users about
the KSK process, which we know is the rotation of the "keys" of the
PKI system (public key cryptography) of the DNSSEC system that protects th
e domain name system (DNS) against some significant attacks.

The text does not include the proposal that we made here in LACRALO tha
t the ALSs assume a role in the dissemination of this process among ISPs, or
ther providers, civil society, technical community and governments within
ur reach. Moreover, said text was included in a preliminary version and eli
minated in the end. Eliminating the co-responsibility of the ALS puts us
again in the role of petitioners who do not contribute with their own decision
ion to the security, stability and robustness of the DNS, the primary respo
niable of ICANN.

For this reason, I call on our ALAC representatives to insist on the in
clusion of this text and, if it is not achieved, vote against the approval
of the proposed text. Consider this proposal as a formal motion and proceed
in abbreviated time so that it can be decided before the ALAC vote. If the
se are not possible, be ex post-facto as a protest.

Alejandro Pisanty "

Also, as indicated by Humberto, starting today and until Wednesday, Apr
il 11 at 23:59 UTC, the deadline to submit comments is opened.

Thank you.

Regards,

Maritza

From: lac-discuss-en <lac-discuss-es-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org> or
n behalf of Humberto Carrasco <hcarrascob at gmail.com> Sent: Friday, April 6,
2018 03:28 pm To: Alejandro Pisanty CC: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann
.org Subject: Re: [lac-discuss-en] Vote ALAC on KSK

Dear Alejandro,

I would like to apologize. For professional reasons, I was appointed by
the rector of the University where I work as a member of the negotiating c
ommittee before a union.

I have spent in extensive meetings in another city than the one I live
in (Antofagasta), which is where meetings take place. I have not had the op
portunity to meet your requirements and those of the region as I would have
liked. These meetings last from 8 to 10 hours a day. Only yesterday evenin
g, I was able to return to the city and the other week I should continue li
ke this.This until April 23 in principle.

As you will understand my work have prevented me from react
ing with the urgency you suggest. Our participation in Lacralo is voluntary
.Even the staff knows that I have not been able to answer as I usually do
because I'm just locked in a room arguing before a union.

Of course I would like to dedicate myself exclusively to this. Unfortun
ately, our reality prevents it.

In spite of the above, we will submit your motion to 5 days of discussi
on starting today and if we achieve consensus we will transmit it ex-post.
The deadline is Wednesday, April 11 at 23:59 UTC. If there is no consensus,
We will have to take a vote whose details will be communicated between Tue
sday and Wednesday of next week because we must coordinate with the staff
I have a vote

For now let's follow the debate in this way. I will ask our secretary
or paste the comments on the wiki.

regards

Humberto Carrasco Blanc Lawyer Associate Professor Economic-Commercial
Law Catholic University of the North - Coquimbo LLM Queen Mary University or
f London PhD University of Edinburgh