[lac-discuss-en] =? Utf-8? Q? Statement = B3n_Final_Amazon_vs = 2E_IC? = =? Utf-8? Q? ANN? =

vanda at scartezini.org vanda at scartezini.org
Wed Jul 19 15:35:01 UTC 2017

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: =? Utf-8? Q? Statement = B3n_Final_Amazon_vs = 2E_IC? = =? Utf-8? Q? ANN? =
 Desde: vanda at scartezini.org

 I have a particular opinion that I have already shared with ALAC and in English with other colleagues: I do not think that the explanation given by GAC - because nonexistent, has relevance. For example, did Brazil think that it was a name that could bring conflict for the inhabitants of the region then because the brand was granted to the company AMAZON? AMAZOn's use of .amazon is not different from its use of its Brand. It's a TLD brand.
 I see no real reason for all this discussion on this subject. Perhaps only a negotiation between the parties involved and no basis for a general policy.
 Vanda Scartezini
 Contact Us
 Av. Paulista 1159, cj 1004
 01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil