[lac-discuss-en] OUTREACH FY17 LACRALO

amedinagomez at gmail.com amedinagomez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 13:30:23 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: OUTREACH FY17 LACRALO
 Desde: amedinagomez at gmail.com

 Alberto thanks for your time and input. This makes the work a lot.

 The 29/9/2016 8:23, &quot;Alberto Soto&quot; <asoto at ibero-americano.org> wrote:

 Dear, has not formed the team yet, so I advanced a
 little more. The new version, below, includes an estimated cost. Respect
 costs, we must expect that for mantlement AT-Large (so
 baptized), the ticket cost may be lower, depending on the closeness between
 origin and destination. There will be cases where two days and one night, which
 also it reduces these costs.

 Regarding At-Large Extension, there are places where the university or
 organization have all the elements for the event, which is
 spending is rooted only in the brochures that ICANN sent to this type of
 events.

 Please read carefully and note that suggestions are needed and
 modifications to achieve consensus. And we have little time !!!!!

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto

 It is Version:

 Outreach strategy LACRALO will have two key approaches:

 1. COVERAGE AT-LARGE. It will be the get that new
 organizations are accredited as Structures (ALSes) in the 12
 countries that have no ALSes of the 33 that make up the region
 Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC Region). These countries are listed in the
 LACRALO Dashboard, see: http://bit.ly/lacralo-dashboard.

 2. EXTENSION AT-LARGE. Will achieve greater dissemination through
 the accredited ALS in their own local settlement, reaching
 Universities, secondary schools and professional associations.The
 DNS will be subject involved, markets and domain names
 dynamic, whois and its effects, and redelegation of ccTLDs delegation,
 policies that affect users in terms of IP addresses,
 DNSSEC and especially security mechanisms using the DNS attack,
 structure, policies and decisions of ICANN, &quot;compliance&quot; and its effects, and
 hence how LACRALO participate through documenting (in the future
 especially) success stories. It is working on this project and
 inform before 10/29/2016.

 LACRALO members of the Subcommittee on Scope and Relationship
 keep a calendar extension (outreach calendar) in
 http://bitly.com/LAC-Outreach-Calendar to identify and keep track
 of possible events of ICT and Internet Governance (IG) in those
 territories without ALSes and regional events of GI wherever possible
 persons and / or potential ALSes in their territories to participate. To this
 calendar will provide all members of LACRALO, and will be used
 to identify possible events for proposals CROPP.

 Also, members of LACRALO identify individuals and / or
 organizations that would be candidates for At-Large in countries without
 ALSes. Other stakeholders ICANN (GAC, ccNSO, Fellows) in
 territories without ALSes may also be consulted to find
 Possible candidates for At-Large. LACRALO leadership designate
 members who work as liaisons with these multiple parts
 interested, who will produce reports with the frequency
 opportunely be determined.

 Once individuals or organizations are identified, leadership
 LACRALO appoint members of our region as links. these will
 efforts to contact them and invite them to several teleconferences to
 Basic share information about DNS, ICANN and the community
 At-Large. This should allow such individuals or organizations
 they can join At-Large and / or participate in the opportunities offered by
 ICANN such as Fellowship Program, the Program and can Nextgen
 apply for positions in ICANN through the Nomcom.

 These links should produce reports with the frequency
 opportunely be determined.

 As a pilot program for FY17, LAC Strategy ICANN
 will finance four events in the region face extension LAC (two
 in Latin America, and two in the Caribbean) in countries without structures
 At-Large. LACRALO leaders, in coordination with the Contracting
 Global Stakeholders (GSE) LAC will use data
 Scope and Relationship survey of potential candidates in countries without
 ALSes to select which countries will face events.
 Additional ideas for the planning of such events can be found
 in the paginated LACRALO wiki:  https://community.icann.org/x/Aa7hAg.

 We have noted that the rescheduling of two face ICANN meetings
 in 2016 to be carried out in the region, impacting participation
 Direct and remote people in the LAC region. We will try to work very
 ICANN group near GSE to mitigate the impact of reprogramming
 of these two meetings.

 COVERING AT-LARGE

 Objective: In the next five years, obtain at least one organization
 certifying as ALS in as many countries without a covering
 At-Large.

 Basis:

 We have twelve countries to try to cover with an organization that
 certified as ALS. At one event per year, it would take a lot. Our
 ability communication and outreach to diverse communities allows us
 have at least one quarter or year is four, especially as
 that ICANN meetings in the region have become very few and time
 elapsed between them is very long. Furthermore, since the IGF it is in
 region this year and it was last year, is unlikely to return in
 2017-2018.

 EXTENSION AT-LARGE

 Objective:

 Establish regular contact with end users, making the dissemination
 necessary and appropriate at different levels of users.achieve
 feedback from these end users to our RALO ALAC and ICANN
 allow proper operation of our bottom-up system. This
 will enable the generation of policies with direct user information
 finish and a wider spectrum and realistic information.

 Basis:

 With the change in the priorities of At Large who presented Rinalia
 Abdul Rahim al Board, thanks to contributions from our region already
 They were described in previous weeks, our outreach programs
 They make more sense for end users. It must align at least
 partially, and then how to participate through documenting LACRALO
 (In the future, especially) success cases, it may be a sequence
 reasonable and aligned. It should precede with basic instruction in the
 principles and design philosophy of the Internet, many considering
 Recent experiences of teaching and training.

 Fittingly, the leadership of LCARALO determine the evaluation form
 CVs of lecturers or instructors, teaching experience and
 extension.As far as possible, to avoid costs
 translation, these instructors should be native language or master the
 local language of the event.

 * COVERAGE AT-LARGE *

 * ESTIMATED COST OF AN EVENT *

 * U $ s *

 Air transfer two people

 2500

 Stay for three days, two nights

 Perdiem 4 days (60xdiaxpersona)

 480

 Accommodation (100xdiaxpersona)

 400

 Projector rental, sound

 300

 brochures

 200

 *Total*

 * 3880 *

 * EXTENSION AT-LARGE *

 * ESTIMATED COST OF AN EVENT *

 * U $ s *

 Rental projector, sound

 300

 brochures

 100

 *Total*

 * 400 *

 [Image: Avast logo] &lt;  https://www.avast.com/antivirus>

 Avast antivirus software has analyzed this email
 for viruses.

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/323c52d8e5.html