[lac-discuss-en] ????? Q = utf-8 Algunos_temas_ante_el_proceso_de_Trans = = utf-8 b aWNpw7Nu =?

harold.arcos at gmail.com harold.arcos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:58:39 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:????? Q = utf-8 Algunos_temas_ante_el_proceso_de_Trans = = utf-8 b aWNpw7Nu =?
 Desde: harold.arcos at gmail.com

 Ladies and gentlemen region

 I share this way I prepared a summary of issues associated with the
 IANA transition and which are ongoing within subgroups
 of work.

 This process we are experiencing is recent after the milestone represented
 the presentation of the proposal to the US government.

 Some of these groups have only made a single meeting, others
 They are discussing the guiding principle of the group. That is, it is still
 good time to sit up and share experience as a region
 address all these issues together. Some structural issues
 corporation (but no less important) and others of greater interest to
 users.

 I share some links that allow us to review firsthand the
 initial documents of the issues under discussion.

 *HUMAN RIGHTS*

 Human Rights:  https://community.icann.org/x/kBWOAw

 Within this working group some members propose extending the
 Scope of ICANN in human rights. options as proposed: work a
 implementation framework, while others are more inclined in
 work a framework of interpretation. As we will assume this issue is
 extremely delicate because ICANN is a technical organization by definition
 It is making efforts not to get involved in a legal discussion
 must assume the providers and users, but it is an obvious fact that the
 corporation has a leading role on the structure of the Internet.

 * * JURISDICTION

 jurisdiction:  https://community.icann.org/x/khWOAw

 One of the first discussions focused on the word Jurisdiction not
 It is taken as the geographical area where ICANN operates.In this point
 It was extended a first discussion and admitted that there would be consensus
 priori. This topic has been debated long ago since I was Fadi
 CEO. Within this working group some members are inclined
 moving the legal headquarters to Switzerland or even ICANN Geneva. others
 inclined to keep her in California.

 * ODBUSMAN *

 Ombudsman:  https://community.icann.org/x/lhWOAw

 This subgroup works the role of Odbusman within the new configuration
 ICANN structure.

 * COOPERATIVE PARTICIPATION PROCESS. *

 CEP (Cooperative Engagement processs and Independent Review processs).

 CEP:  https://community.icann.org/x/nBWOAw

 This group will seek to work on a proposed process in which
 you can take assume an alternative to resolve cases before going to a
 IRP. This group has not met yet.

 * RESPONSIBILITIES OF ORGANIZATIONS SUPPORT (SO) AND COMMITTEES
 ADVISORS (AC) *

 SO / AC Accountability:  https://community.icann.org/x/lBWOAw

 This group deals with issues involving everyone. For example, in the Committee
 Governmental Advisory (GAC) has a discussion on the definition of their
 participation and scope after the transition. issues are discussed as they
 Supporting Organization Generic Names (GNSO) is a structure
 complex and the process of internal decision making is complex too,
 then that is a challenge to solve before taking the leading role
 post transition. Within the public and private sectors are reviewed how
 Participants act within the SO / AC and whether they would be effective spokespeople
 the interests we represent. Within the Community Schools
 Assumed, At-large also has the challenge of defining how At-Large will
 towards the participation of representatives.

 * FINAL USUSARIOS *

 At-large is discussed whether the end user has responsibilities and how
 They must report them according to a practice of transparency for all,
 others think they have no obligation to report.

 Does composiciohn Icann should be balanced? They are also questions that
 they generate.

 * Recommendation 7 and 13 *

 https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Recommendation+7

 a periodic review model arises multipart
 interested. This proposal does not seem to occur during the road
 Work 2 (WS2)

 From the CCWG Responsibility efforts are under way to define which areas
 They must be controlled by Icann.

 https://community.icann.org/display/als2/ATLAS+II+Recommendation+13

 During the Board will WS2 who receives this recommendation.

 Icann should study and seek to ensure general representation
 there is a balance of representation of all parties
 Icann integrate.

 Some questions arise: What are the criteria for considering
 there is a representation of stakeholders.? In the sub group not
 yet it is known whether being treated that perspective.

 * * CHALLENGES AHEAD

 In this subgroup scenarios of how the Icann be structured they arise?
 How redesign ICANN is it part of this agenda? It is one of the questions
 generated to assume the post transition period. some participants
 Asked whether GNSO could deal with the public interest arise?
 In theory GNSO helps the Board to make decisions but within GNSO
 not reached concrete recommendations could then be thought On a
 GNSO reconfiguration?

 * LIABILITY OF STAFF *

 * Staff Accountability:  https://community.icann.org/x/mhWOAw
 <  https://community.icann.org/x/mhWOAw>

 Working group that will review staff responsibilities of Staff.
 The group has met once and are working on a document that was
 distributed through google docs.

 *TRANSPARENCY*

 Transparency:  https://community.icann.org/x/mBWOAw

 There has been talk of disclosure of documents among other actions
 They can take as good practices.

 Receive a hug

 Harold

[[--Original text (es)