[lac-discuss-en] ? = Utf-8 b SUNBTk4gdnMuICJwaXJhdGVyw61hIjogTk8s = = utf-8 _no_exactamente q =??????

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 01:02:29 UTC 2016

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject:? = Utf-8 b SUNBTk4gdnMuICJwaXJhdGVyw61hIjogTk8s = = utf-8 _no_exactamente q =??????
 Desde: apisanty at gmail.com

 Colleagues,

 https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/crocker-to-shatan-30jun16-en.pdf
 is a letter from Steve Crocker Greg Shatan resulting from higher
 importance in my opinion.

 It exposes you Dr. Crocker results of a discussion of the Board of
 ICANN intervention advocates of property rights
 intelecual have asked ICANN in some disputes "piracy"
 (Dissemination of content without permission of the owners) and marks a milestone.

 ICANN expression indicates that the organization is not required nor is
 You may be required to determine whether there are violations of these
 authorizations or other laws on Internet sites registered under
 different domain names and that its action is restricted to what you can
 do to strengthen contracts (registrar-registry, etc.) and PICs
 (Public Interest Commitments Commitments or Public Interest) of the
 gTLDs. This does not exclude that the parties may litigate against alleged
 responsible for such content in forums, courts and where
 appropriate.

 This refusal ICANN to enter the content-based regulation and
 expand the scope of its mission ( "mission creep") is, as I said above, a
 remarkable milestone.

 I also believe that its overall impact on our region must be
 beneficial because often we find legislative initiatives and
 regulatory proposals intended to be mixed domain names (and
 IP) addresses with other layers of the network, reckless ways and
 condemned to ineffectiveness regarding its express purpose, but with
 potential collateral damage. We could have this letter a solid
 international precedent, robust technical and legal basis to stop
 many bad measures, and guide to more productive directions.

 Much interested to know other opinions expressed adjust.

 Best regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 -
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 Av.University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 + 52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 +525541444475 +525541444475 SMS FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 UNAM Join the LinkedIn group,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty