[lac-discuss-en] [lac-discuss-es] Ideas para la construcción de propuestas

Dev Anand Teelucksingh devtee at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 20:00:54 UTC 2016

Hello Raitme,

Thanks for the interest. Loomio was evaluated by the At-Large
Technology Taskforce (https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ)

See https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Evaluation+of+tools+to+facilitate+participation+in+public+comments
for a screencast showing Loomio in action.

It works on mobile web browsers when logged in, but has no
multi-lingual capability. The biggest issue as I recall was that you
have to be logged into Loomio and therefore the discussions aren't
available to the public. The core feature set of Loomio could already
be implemented on the At-Large wiki. But I'll be happy to arrange for
another demo for you to see how the tool worked.

As a FYI, even though noone responded to the suggested budget request
for ICANN to fix the mailing list translation issues, (see
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/lac-discuss-en/2016-January/014265.html,
the proposal was accepted by the ALAC from the At-Large Technology
Taskforce.

Also, you (and anyone in the At-Large Community) are welcome to join
the At-Large Technology Taskforce
(https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ). Some of the work being done is
the documenting of various machine translation tools that persons can
use to machine translate content from one language to the next. See
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Translation+Tools

Kind Regards,

Dev Anand