[lac-discuss-en] ????? Q = utf-8 B3n_sobre_componentes_de_la_S VIEW = C3 = = = utf-8 ociedad_Civil q =?

bronstein.sergio at gmail.com bronstein.sergio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 6 22:00:57 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:????? Q = utf-8 B3n_sobre_componentes_de_la_S VIEW = C3 = = = utf-8 ociedad_Civil q =?
 From: bronstein.sergio at gmail.com

 Good evening Friend s civil society
 I am not clear when it was coined the concept of "civil society), but
 I consider it necessary to clarify that its use is installed and runs with the advance
 of neoliberalism in the world (in the early 80s). I mean
 specifically the attempt to dismantle and transfer states
 responsibilities and capabilities of non-governmental organizations, as
 so-called "civil socedad".

 Today, the "civil society" concept can protect (and even worse, put in
 the same level), the Ronald McDonald Foundation or Philanthropic Society
 Microsof (I just invented), an association of end users. Y
 for the purposes of this conversation I wonder if that's good or used to
 something.

 What's more, in-person we are today Lacralo ALS (widespread
 from the origins of Icann) to real institutions
 representing interest groups.

 I think we should give weight Lacralo hierarchy and organizations
 effectively they are representing end users. In fact, in some
 discussions within Icann, a group of us have ALS
 expressed the need to replicate in Icann what is being done
 in World NET it is to a particular space and decision making
 autonomous associations of users.

 I also believe that when it comes to accepting new members, should
 investigate in depth what interests represented by each candidateado, so
 how to sign to each Member an affidavit of no
 commitment to individual, corporate or government interests and whose
 noncompliance involving withdraw them. We can not allow us
 filtered organizations opposed to the interests of users.

 I think the proposal of Carlos Aguirre approaches these views,
 in the sense that should not belong assert or defend interests
 to different users. It reads: "Civil Society, it is composed
 for those who do not belong to the academy, the technical sector,
 business and governments. Likewise also they integrate civil society
 those whose interests are different from the interests of the latter
 sectors mentioned in the previous paragraph. "

 I hope I have contributed to a reflection, in my consideration, should
 You become part of the work on "Metric" in the aspect of who should
 to size.

 Hugs to everyone s,

 Sergio Bronstein
 Vice president