[lac-discuss-en] ????? Q = utf-8 B3n_IA Importante_sobre_la_transici = C3 = = = utf-8 q NA =?

fatimacambronero at gmail.com fatimacambronero at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 01:59:36 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re:????? Q = utf-8 B3n_IA Importante_sobre_la_transici = C3 = = = utf-8 q NA =?
 From: fatimacambronero at gmail.com

 Alberto,

 Several points for comments and / or reflection:

 1. A lounge is a place to discuss policies. Fellow who has been
 and has worked with Janice in the lounge of the newcomers know that
 Space is the place to "sell" what you are representing, say what
 that is being done, and share their appeal for more people to join
 and participate. In the case of Fellows that was easy to do, I'm not so
 Secure it with the LACRALO.

 2. The policies are discussed in work lists in groups
 work and / or monthly calls. Having mentioned that report
 Alexander, would have served not only to show the community what
 we have been doing in terms of policies, but also as a
 kind of metrics of our ALS.
 According to my understanding, in the meetings of the Chairs and Secretaries
 THIN, everyone was going to take a report on these issues. Is not it? Of what
 Reports are made at these meetings / calls?
 He understood that now should have been just a "copy and paste" to have
 ready that report and share with all our RALO.

 Moreover, in my case I have asked many times you add in the
 agenda calls LACRALO monthly dedicated to a point
 policies -in what was working, what comments were made, what
 comentartios were open, etc., not only but also ALAC
 LACRALO.
 As time has gone past the point of policies at the end of the agenda
 if not it was time to review the point-to eliminárselo
 definitely on the agenda of our monthly calls.
 In my opinion, that directly undermines the ability we have or
 We had to produce comments and participate in the discussion of policies.
 Adding that when comments are requested-I've done infinities
 times-no answer. Or no one.And it is not possible that the agenda
 RALO a whole is marked by the opinion of a single ALS.
 Among the LACRALO operating principles it states that "operate by
 consensus. "And that consensus involves more than one ALS reviewing and obviously
 discussing. Unfortunately that is not happening in LACRALO.

 3. I understand that as you say it has been hard work and that is
 You can notice. However in recent times the job has not been on
 substantive issues. I also understand that not everyone can be in
 possibilities to contribute to substantive issues or policies. But, 2, 3, or 4
 ALS-being generously participating in 44, 45 ALS in our RALO, right
 It implies that something we are failing?

 It is clear that we all do volunteer work in LACRALO and
 At-Large and we have other major works. However, when we
 we certify as ALS assume a commitment, get involved, of
 participate, to "represent". Perhaps in this ICANN meeting in our
 region is an opportune time to review that commitment.

 4.One of the reasons many times and many people were held
 to express their lack of participation was the lack of training. Not
 I think there have been earlier in the history of many ICANN Webinars
 as in recent times. Just check the list of those attending
 Webinars to support argument goes, with that lack of training is
 excuse. There overabundance of training and yet not
 advantage.

 5. LACRALO has pioneered many issues and activities that have then been
 followed by other RALO. Perhaps we now serve us, identify
 thinning that is more involved and more involved in substantive matters, and
 see if we can copy them we who helped them to them.

 There are many ways for us to review, analyze, and discuss, through
 the list in the next monthly call or those present at the meeting
 Buenos Aires.
 In my opinion, it would be very healthy for our THIN get out of this
 well sort of stagnation in which we are left, for
 the policies.

 Best regards,
 Fatima Cambronero

 The June 16, 2015, 20:12, Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org>