[lac-discuss-en] Application

Chris LaHatte chris.lahatte at icann.org
Thu Jul 30 03:17:06 UTC 2015

I realise there are differences between members of LACRALO and you don’t
need reminding on the rules of engagement in your discussions. I do need to
advise you that I have been asked to investigate formally, and that I will
do so to see if there fairness and procedure issues which need to be
examined and if necessary, changed or adjusted. I will reach out to those
who have specific issues, but also welcome direct contact, which can be
confidential if needed,

Regards

Chris LaHatte
Ombudsman
Blog  https://omblog.icann.org/
Webpage http://www.icann.org/en/help/ombudsman

Confidentiality
All matters brought before the Ombudsman shall be treated as confidential.
The Ombudsman shall also take all reasonable steps necessary to preserve the
privacy of, and to avoid harm to, those parties not involved in the
complaint being investigated by the Ombudsman.The Ombudsman shall only make
inquiries about, or advise staff or Board members of the existence and
identity of, a complainant in order to further the resolution of the
complaint.  The Ombudsman shall take all reasonable steps necessary to
ensure that if staff and Board members are made aware of the existence and
identity of a complainant, they agree to maintain the confidential nature of
such information, except as necessary to further the resolution of a
complaint