[lac-discuss-en] RV: Board Risk Committee Request for Feedback on Top 5 ICANN Enterprise Risks

vanda at uol.com.br vanda at uol.com.br
Sun Jan 18 17:40:00 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: Board Risk Committee Request for Feedback on Top 5 ICANN Enterprise Risks
 From: vanda at uol.com.br

 Ola friends, I hope 2015 estsiendo very happy for everyone!

 As was already discutindo estn other lists after September, is everything
 goes well, ICANN will face many challenges and must prepare for
 this. There are specific risks.
 - One as Alex says about governance com manutencin she is,
 without much interference from governments, but to its interests.
 - If we are to have an external governance IANA, I hope not,
 then the risks will grow much more. The interaction of the two
 governesses can be complex. A preventive analyze this situation
 s necessary.
 - Another risk is financial - I think that the entry of these million
 dollars (new gTLDs) can blind executives. This amount s
 Pontual.I do not think the new domains will have a long event in
 Soon, you as the resource box are now booked for the
 challenges of after September when other requirements demand
 Financial will appear. Precautionary measures should be taken in this
 sense.
 - See also a risk regarding the motivation of the community. Must
 always seek challenges and issues that encourage the participation of the
 community. Today I see a lot ICANN grow its staff. Which is not the way
 it will follow, because the road is written to walk and dizia one
 song, but a balance between the size of the staff and the demands of the
 community manter your interests idebe be taken into account.
 These my first thoughts.
 Hugs to all!
 Vanda Scartezini
 Polo Consultores Associados
 Av. Paulista 1159, 1004 cj
 01311-200- Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
 Land Line: +55 11 3266.6253
 Mobile: + 55 11 98181.1464
 Sorry for any typos.

 On 1/18/15, 1:38, &quot;Alejandro Pisanty&quot; <apisanty at gmail.com> wrote:
 > Alberto,
 >
 > Thank you for taking this initiative, productive and concrete.
 >
 > I think the issue we can better develop risk is
 > Change
 > In the model of governance that sealas about rule changes
 > Decision making GAC; pass from consensus to votaciny is
 > &quot;Infect&quot; the Board.
 >
 > As isolated and punctual element is important, but it is much more if
 > Associated with a change in culture to produce a departure from the consensus ms
 > General.
 >
 > As ordered other / as representatives of organizations in the LACRALO
 > Sealado risks that we have so far? How to compare them with those of
 > Other orders (financial, computer safety, etc.) has pointed
 > Alberto?
 >
 > Alejandro Pisanty
 >
 > 01.17.2015 22:35 GMT-06: 00 Alberto Soto <asoto at ibero-americano.org> :
 >
 >> Alejandro and everyone. It is always beneficial to carry these discussion
 >> Issues.
 >> I do not ssi may invoke risk sistmico very particular topics
 >> Financial, although I admit that maybe We could get to determine
 >> Risk to produce a cascading effect within the organization.
 >>
 >> But we can propose risks.
 >>

 >> So we can understand and quizsrpidamente I propose something, quote
 >> Partially chrter Risk Committee of Board as outside
 Defined &gt;&gt;
 >> 2009:
 >>

 >> A: supervision of risk management of ICANN as an organization,
 >> Including the following activities:
 >>

 >> 1. Review and advise on ICANN policies, plans and programs
 >> Related to risk management;
 >>
 >> 2. Monitoring the effectiveness of programs for management of
 >> Risks, including operational risk control gestiny;
 >>
 >> 3.The supervision of non-financial risk exposure
 >> Significant for ICANN and the steps taken to monitor and
 >> Control such exposure;
 >>
 >> 4. Keep informed about ICANN conditions and obtencin
 >> Familiarity with ICANN processes in order to identify
 >> Possible futures and advise on plans to address risks
 >> These risks, according applicable; and
 >>
 >> 5. revision of other areas of appropriate risk concentration.
 >>

 >> B: supervision of operational activities including the revision of the
 >> Informaciny monitoring the effectiveness of the management of the
 >> Operational activities such as:
 >>

 >> 1. The effectiveness of the technology used by ICANN;
 >>
 >> 2. FITNESS ICANN policies of continuity
 >> Business; and
 >>
 >> 3.Addressing changes in the business environment that can be
 ICANN &gt;&gt; important operations.

 >> Chrter addition to this, we have to consider the temtica of
 >> Risks has been divided into:
 >>
 >> - Credits
 >>
 >> - Legal
 >>
 >> - Marketing / Prices
 >>
 >> - REPUTATION
 >>
 >> This Could we maybe focus on A.3 and B. on three points.
 >>
 >> And will suggest such risks:
 >>

 >> - System Safety ICANN: The hack recently
 >> Time systems CZDS Whois wiki. Qutecnologa estn
 >> Using? Hirimucho the reputation of ICANN.
 >>
 >> - Change in the Board Voting system to assimilate to
 >> The GAC. Has relationship with B.2. but their results are in
 >> Against
 >> System of multiple stakeholders.If the foundation is that the
 >> GAC
 >> Is rene fewer times, and until today was more effective system
 >> Board of
 >> ICANN, the GAC ms meets once per year and is assimilated to ICANN.
 >>
 >> - When ICG creel took into account only certain
 >> Model components multiple stakeholders. As to
 >> We are concerned, was not expected to ALAC sent a report
 >> Participatory. The individual user which represent non est
 >> Within
 >> Business Continuity ICANN, IANA before the transition?
 >>

 >> I hope you participation, and although we can not make a report
 Formal &gt;&gt;
 >> LACRALO, perhaps we can send suggestions individually. I say
 >> No
 >> We can formally make them not only by time, but because there
 >> About
 >> Understand that there is no need for LACRALO make propositions. Are
 >> Est
 >> Discussing a procedure thereon.
 >>
 >> Best Regards
 >>

 >> Alberto Soto