[lac-discuss-en] Net Neutrality

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Fri Feb 27 14:15:11 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: Net Neutrality
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Clearly we should encourage local laws ... ..

 Greetings!

 Alberto Soto

 From: Sergio Bronstein [mailto: bronstein.sergio at gmail.com]
 Posted on: Friday, February 27, 2015 10:06 a.m.
 To: Alberto Soto
 CC: LACRALO Spanish
 Subject: Re: [lac-discuss-en] Net Neutrality

 Good morning everyone s

 It is absolutely true that our duty as representatives of users is defending the right of free use of internet, but I venture to disagree on the concept of neutrality, as are thinking today.

 I go to the concrete. Today, telco operators are investing in those networks for transiting the content that users should have free access.Any study that is reviewed, demonstrate that the curve of investments (fixed, mobile, equipment and software) that these companies make their networks (and every day must support the transfer of larger files) near encountering the curve revenue; in short, the "business" of the telco, as it stands today, is not sotiene.

 Meanwhile, there is a group of companies (search engines, generators, distributors of content, social networking, etc., each day more concentrated and powerful, they do their business through networks which do not pay a penny.

 The questions from the perspective of the users are then:

 1. Who will pay for the networks in the future? Do states? Should we let the states say how much, when, where, what, who and how they connect rates?

 2. Would you ought to lay desarrolo operation and networks to Google, Facebook, Netflix? And if it happens again ask who connect to customers or users, they can pay or not.

 3.Does Netflix and similar no charge for downloading contents but not collaborate in the development of networks? How they act when they take ownership of the operators?

 Our main lines of work should remain inclusion in its broadest sense (ie, connectivity and knowledge for use), plus free access and circulation of information, and in this sense, the question is:

 4. The new owners of the networks ensure that this happens, or will give priority to customers rather than users?

 I think if we do not have clear answers to these questions, it is our duty to be vigilant, lest that a small group of business corporations is to decide on our rights and freedoms.

 I leave for debate, which hopefully will of.

 Greetings to everyone s,

 Sergio Bronstein
 President
 Internauta Venezuela