[lac-discuss-en] FW: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ALAC Statement on the Draft Report: Review of the Generic Names Supporting Organization

asoto at ibero-americano.org asoto at ibero-americano.org
Mon Aug 3 03:44:23 UTC 2015

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: FW: VOTE ANNOUNCEMENT: ALAC Statement on the Draft Report: Review of the Generic Names Supporting Organization
 From: asoto at ibero-americano.org

 Vanda, I agree with Alexander. Moreover, I agree with an observation made by Olivier Crepin-Leblond:

 "For example, recommendation # 23, approving new GNSO Constituencies. (And other new GNSO Constituency Recommendations)

 I am concerned about the creation of more Constituencies, all of Which Might probably end up in the Non-Contracted Party House, just thus further fragmenting the Non-Contracted Party House and Increasing voltage Between Constituencies. We all know about the voltage Between NCUC and NPOC. Having more Consituencies Might only continue to Strengthen the Contracted Party House since Their vote will be more homogeneous and They Will Be able to "pick and mix" within the Non-Contracted Party House in order to Obtain a majority.

 Finally, I am very concerned That none of the Recommendations address the wider malaise about the balance of power in the GNSO and the potential for capture Caused by a fragmented Non-Contracted Party House and a solid Contracted Party House. We keep on hearing "the GNSO is broken and needs to be reformed" and yet there is not one line in the report whos That investigates the validity of esta assertion. I see this as an opportunity missed. "

 The differences between NCUC and NPOC are becoming more noticeable, and actually increase it, it would be risky. And I do not correct it, a missed opportunity.

 Best regards

 Alberto Soto