[lac-discuss-en] RV: ICANN News Alert - ICANN Data Retention Grants Waiver to BLACKNIGHT INTERNET SOLUTIONS LTD.

aidanoblia at gmail.com aidanoblia at gmail.com
Tue Jun 17 17:12:34 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: RV: ICANN News Alert - ICANN Data Retention Grants Waiver to BLACKNIGHT INTERNET SOLUTIONS LTD.
 From: aidanoblia at gmail.com

 Alejandro:

 Something I had read of this or a similar case, I remember on one page
 ICANN. As you say that prctico case gives an accurate idea of \u200b\u200bthe
 problemtica arises from several points of view.

 ICANN in the case, before ordering, Tomla resolution to reduce to a year
 the period of retention. Contemplel With this order, but the issue is whether
 it decreases with the prestacin warranty service registry,
 Given the purpose of the retention.

 The balance between law enforcement and the appropriate prestacin
 Service is very delicate and difficult to establish. How can know
 advance whether a domain gone podrestar sb fraud or ocupacinu
 other, to know when to go to need the data collected?Des
 know if within two years are set based criterion or a estadstico
 otherwise. The deadline disminucin resolved by ICANN may
 has established two years considering some statistics to
 respect or feasibility study. I do not know. But it is a situation that
 perhaps in the case is for some reason being a pruning considerque
 shorter. Aqujuega theme "purpose" for which it is requested and
 retains the data.

 For one thing, at least Uruguayan law and other I have seen, allowed the
 "Conservation" (asle call gral) data for as long as
 necessary to fulfill the purpose for which such data was collected.
 Therefore I transcribel article 8 before. It is similar to many
 legislation on protection of personal data.

 If the period and then within that year was reduced produces is reduced
 made regarding the illicit domain, a ciberocupacino whatever, or something
 by which data will be needed to elucidate the case: quin
 responsible for this?

 Sorry to be problematic, but I think a little is the purpose of
 these analyzes: anticipating problems to see if sb mode can be
 find what may be the best embraces the interests of the two
 parties or the rights at stake. In ste field of personal data
 speaks of "ponderacin" rights and consideracin of
 risks involved with different solutions. On that basis it is
 the option.

 If it seems like a compromise solution in the sense
 see the order but not for two years but requested one.

 Regards

 6/17/2014 11:27 GMT-03: 00 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch <apisan at unam.mx> :