[lac-discuss-en] = utf-8 q = C3 = Tema_Transici B3n_funciones_IANA =??

natalia.enciso at gmail.com natalia.enciso at gmail.com
Tue May 6 02:42:18 UTC 2014

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: = utf-8 q = C3 = Tema_Transici B3n_funciones_IANA =??
 From: natalia.enciso at gmail.com

 Good night!

 I am wanting to add a comment on the wiki about the statement that
 Joseph elaborated on the NTIA, in
 https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=47268897
 and I'm not able to do so. I request the staff to add the following
 reformulated text, the name of Fatima Cambronero and mine.

 Thank you,

 Natalia Enciso

 * "LACRALO Statement on the draft proposal for the transition
 the role of custody of the IANA functions *

 LACRALO, consistent with the statement made during the meeting
 Singapore (  https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=47261889)
 expressed support for the NTIA statements regarding the need
 the broad community support for the proposal that future
 present and for the four principles he enunciated as pillars of
 thereof:

 • Support and enhance the multi-stakeholder model;

 • Maintain the security, stability and resiliency of the DNS;

 • Meeting the needs and expectations of customers and partners
 IANA services globally; and

 • Keep open Internet.

 LACRALO supports each and every one of the principles and mechanisms described
 in the ICANN Public Forum held on March 27, 2014; likewise
 LACRALO want to add some principles and mechanisms to be
 incorporated the comments received:

 * Principles *

 1.-Respect

 2.-Robustness

 3.-Reasonableness

 4.-Accountability

 5.-Reality

 6.-Flexibility

 7 - Advertising.

 8 -. Equality

 * Mechanisms *

 1 -. Constructive

 2 -. Flexible

 3.-Collaborative between multiple stakeholders and potential
 interaction and review of each stage of the process and the
 changes or suggestions that will be performing during it.

 * Process to develop the proposal suggested by the community *

 LACRALO supports the need to create a Steering Committee with
 representation of all communities participating in ICANN (SO / AS)
 adequately represented and affected parties (IETF, IAB, ISOC, NRO).

 LACRALO believes that this Committee must consist of Address
 experts in the subject, respecting as far as possible
 regional and gender diversity.

 The role of the Steering Committee as coordinator and guarantor of the process,
 must consider the nature of the functions and ensure
 establish mechanisms of accountability and transparency
 necessary to ensure, inter alia, that the person exercising the
 IANA functions have no discretion to make judgments
 regarding requests for changes to the root zone avoiding affect
 safety, stability and resilience of the Internet.

 LACRALO considers this Steering Committee should ensure equal
 participation of all sectors. The members of this Committee
 Management should constantly consult their own communities and
 even by extending this invitation to engage in the process
 who do not participate in the various communities in ICANN, ensuring
 continuous feedback, as well as transparency and accountability
 accounts of each of the steps in advancing the development of the
 proposal.

 LACRALO also considers that the Steering Committee should consider
 the work of the Strategy Panel "The Role of ICANN in
 Ecosystem Internet Governance ".

 Paragraph 7 specifically speaks of the "Action Plan to Globalization
 ICANN "and mentioned that the theme of the IANA functions should be
 addressed holistically and according to the principles of transparency and
 accountability, all under the evolving nature of
 ICANN tasks.

 LACRALO considered relevant to take into account the proposal of the
 Panel on the relevance of bilateral claims or
 multilateral, mutual commitments to document the relationship between
 actors in the ecosystem of Internet governance.

 Finally, consider that although LACRALO End Users
 Internet not participating in the operational functions of everyday
 Internet, should play an important role in this process by exercising
 role as a check on the decisions made in this process and
 finally end up affecting them. "

 The May 2, 2014, 20:31 Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch

 natalia.enciso @ gmail.com