[lac-discuss-en] RE-LAUNCHING LACRALO CHAIR AND SECRETARIAT VOTE

Silvia Vivanco silvia.vivanco at icann.org
Mon Mar 17 20:36:41 UTC 2014

Dear LACRALO members,

We would like to inform you that have encountered a problem with the BP system. The vote was set up as an anonymous poll, the BP voting system doesn't allow us to download the detailed voter information  (who voted for which candidate)  in order to apply the country coefficient and count the results correctly.

Staff has tried to get technical assistance, but unfortunately the vote still cannot be reversed into transparent.

We have consulted with LACRALO leaders who have instructed us that in order to fully comply with the requirement of LACRALO rules (see relevant articles below), we will need to re-do the vote.

LACRALO RULES
Rule 20:
When a Virtual Meeting of the Assembly is held, the following Rules shall replace the  original:

7 . The Chair shall communicate the beginning and the ending of the debate upon a  given topic. Members shall be out of order if they continue to communicate to the  meeting on a question after the Chair has communicated the ending of debate and out of order communications shall not form a part of the record of the Assembly.

12.4 All Voting shall be conducted electronically. The Chair shall declare the length of time during which votes shall be cast, and the date and time of the closing of the vote.
The Secretariat shall ensure that the results of the vote, including the votes cast and by which voter, are available to all representatives.

Staff has already set up new polls already in BP voting system and we will launch the vote again as follows:

>From Monday, March 17, 2014 at 23 UTC until Monday  March 24th at 23 UTC.

Vote credentials will be sent out immediately. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience,

Kind regards,

Silvia

Silvia Vivanco
Manager, At-Large Regional Affairs