[lac-discuss-en] Internet Architecture Board Vs. gTLDs without point

apisanty at gmail.com apisanty at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 11:18:49 UTC 2013

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Internet Architecture Board Vs. gTLDs without point
 From: apisanty at gmail.com

 Colleagues,

 aquuna a few months ago we held discussion on the possibility
 proposed by some proponents of new gTLDs that can hese
 operate without point. This will want to say that something like http://cocacola
 llevaraa the registration webpage awarded. In many
 browsers not even typed http:// (quin already do today?)
 but only Coke.

 At the time our position, transmitted ALAC, was contrary to this option.

 Today, the Internet Architecture Board, in

 , Has published a detailed analysis also against.

 There can be no better entity authorized this IAB to say in the matter.

 It is possible that in the coming weeks we see an intense debate
 this issue, since "no point domains" are proposed by companies
 as Google. The matter could be reconsidered. It is important to pay
 attention, especially by those who attend to or follow
 distance the meeting of ICANN in Durban.

 It will be important to know the view of those among us have
 ESTN supported or supporting proposals for new gTLDs, if any.

 Best regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 -
 ---------------------------
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 Faculty of Chemistry UNAM
 Av University 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico
 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD
 SMS +525541444475 +525541444475 FROM MEXICO
 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the LinkedIn group UNAM,
 http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty