[lac-discuss-en] Report and recommendations on domains without point

apisan at unam.mx apisan at unam.mx
Sat Aug 25 01:27:31 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Report and recommendations on domains without point
 From: apisan at unam.mx

 Colleagues,

 http://www.icann.org/en/news/public-comment/sac053-dotless-domains-24aug12-en.htm just appeared in the SSAC report on domain names without point.

 These names are not used at present but may arise in the new gTLDs, especially those who are assigned to trademarks. In that case the registrant may want to open a web page to tecelar only brand in the browser, or electronic mail were addressing mail @ BRAND.

 The SSAC report clearly explains the problems this can cause, based on the IETF estndares, the recommended practices or existing solvers operation name, operation of Web browsers, and the operation of the software used for electronic mail.

 The SSAC is sufficiently serious problems (like some in this community may also have foreseen) to recommend that "no point names" are not used and proposed that ICANN prohba explcitamente in contracts with the asignacin entities obtain new gTLDs.

 Recall that in the regimen of private law governing such contracts are in ICANN ms strong instrument with which ICANN has, and non-compliance can be monitored and penalized through the mechanisms of the contracts themselves and the system " compliance ". As you all know, this system has just produced the two recorders acreditacina retreat this week.

 May I respectfully ask our representatives and elected officials to launch an inquiry to LACRALO members in this regard. It is understood that this sercon adherence to the rules and I expect you to go to the route of the only ALAC if appropriate, and if it also directly applicable.

 By ISOC Mexico do not have the slightest hesitation in proposing that the Resolution be inequvocamente LACRALO for SSAC recommendations against the use of "names no point."

 Of course it can happen that some of our members that estn LACRALO associated with proposals for new gTLDs, and others estn not agree. Ojaleso be revealed soon and with transparency.

 Sincerely, and with best regards,

 Alejandro Pisanty

 ! ! ! !!
 NEW PHONE NUMBER - NUMBER OF NEW phone

 +52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

 FROM +525541444475 Mexico

 SMS +525541444475
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
 UNAM, 3000 University Avenue, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

 Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
 Join the group on LinkedIn UNAM, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
 Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
 ---- >> Join ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org