[lac-discuss-en] (no subject)

hcarrascob at gmail.com hcarrascob at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 13:09:19 UTC 2012

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

 Subject: Re: (no subject)
 From: hcarrascob at gmail.com

 Dear Carlos,

 With all due respect, I disagree with what you pose for the following reasons:

 A. - There is no rule requiring aslo.

 2. - Already made an inquiry to Legal that ICANN viningn
 impairment. In fact, I repeat what opintbNL>

 Sam Eisner (Legal ICANN) writes =>

 STARTS ** **

 The LACRALO may wish to Consider how issues of diversity are discussed This
 in the ICANN Bylaws for the Purposes of Determining domicile / residency:

 For Purposes of This sub-section 2 of Article VI, Section 2 of
 the ICANN Bylaws, if Any candidate for Director Maintains citizenship of
 more than one country, or Has Been domiciled for more than five years in
 to the country of Which candidate does not Maintain citizenship
 ("Domicile") That may be Deemed to candidate be from Either country and
 Must select in his / her Statement of Interest the country of citizenship
 Domicile That or he / she wants to use the Nominating Committee for
 Diversity Calculation purposes. For Purposes of This sub-section 2 of
 Article VI, Section 2 of the ICANN Bylaws, a person can only have one
 "Domicile," Which Shall Be Determined by Where the candidate has to
 permanent residence and place of habitation.

 There are issues of citizenship of Considerations (Which do not seem to
 be at issue With This candidate) and WHERE I lives. The NomCom
 Requirement sets a 5-year window - which allow for items Could Such As
 schooling, etc.The LACRALO may wish to Consider Whether a school's
 Requirement That a matriculant live near the school to historical weitere
 Requirement That education equals to no longer Maintain the matriculant
 Any sort of residence elsewhere - and They may wish to Discuss this
 With The Candidate Before Taking a decision on Whether the candidacy is
 viable. Whatever decision is taken, I would recommend getting a full
 view of the facts from the candidate, and not basing a decision on FULLY
 independent Internet research.

 I do not see in the document ops ALAC That There's Any discussion of
 Requirements residency, so I do not see a conflict there.

 ENDS ** **

 3. - In addition, following your approach should be the same
 consultation whatever decisiny result not only in
 the case is rejected the view of the president. The truth is that as
 doctrine says "We must reject any interpretation that would lead to
 absurd "in this case, it seems we are in this situation.

 A big hug to the distance

 Humberto

 On 18/08/2012 1:35, carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com escribitbNL> > [[--Translated text (en -> es)--]]

>  Asunto: Re: (sin asunto)
>  De: carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com
>
>  El resultado de la votación se muestran sólo un sí o no a aceptar la desición hecha por un Presidente, si no, Humberto podría ser o no un candidato valide. Si el resultado es a favor de no vlidate la desición del presidente, tenemos que después de eso, hacer una consultaton de ALAC y el personal legal de la ICANN con el fin de no estar tomando desiciones en contra de los Estatutos de ICANN y romper memorando de entendimiento firmado.
>

>  Carlos Aguirre
>

>  Enviado Desde mi dispositivo inalmbrico BlackBerry

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/5ca21375a6.html