[lac-discuss-en] [Rt4-whois] ICC Policy Statement on Cross- Border Law Enforcement vs Privacy Laws [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Nettlefold, Peter Peter.Nettlefold at dbcde.gov.au
Sun Mar 25 22:42:14 UTC 2012

Hi Lutz,

Thanks for forwarding this link through, although on my computer it says that the page has moved.

Based on the short part you have quoted, it seems that the document lends support to the direction that we have taken in the draft report, which acknowledges and highlights the importance of national laws, including those relating to data protection and privacy. As I see it, the importance of privacy concerns is one of the reasons our report recommends that ICANN establish a clear and robust framework for the operation of privacy and proxy services, which at the moment provide little or no predictability for any parties.

Cheers,

Peter