[lac-discuss-en] Accreditation of ALS

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 16:31:29 UTC 2012

I tend to support Vanda's and Cintra's views as being more progressive and
complementary of the objectives for names and numbers policy development.

Case in point: what is The University of the West Indies ALS is led by the
ICT Directorate of the UWI.  And at the time of accreditation, there was
some talk that we properly belonged in the NCSG group of the GNSO which I
firmly rejected.

The fact is that by virtue of it role in the Caribbean, the several areas
of advocacy and the impact of the Internet on execution of those roles, the
UWI represents probably the largest group of organized end users there is
in the Caribbean; its 55K students.

For sure, I have also been the target of many complaints about a bunch of
lawyers being accredited as an ALS in LACRALO.  Those arguments were
summarily rejected as well.

- Carlton Samuels