[lac-discuss-en] [At-Large] India proposes Government controlled Internet

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 21:49:29 UTC 2011

Dear Sivas:
I'm very pleased to see this response from you.  As I read the actual
proposal from India, it reminds me of  Madame Reding's  [she of the
European Commission] grumble regarding ICANN and the AoC arrangements and
her proposal for what I characterized as a G20/OECD Rump + Aspirants club.

In Madame's club, India was located in the Aspirants group.  Per the CIRP
model as proposed, she moves to the head table.

Proposed tasks (ii) and (vii) of the CIRP's mandate are especially
troubling; to  'coordinate and oversee..............including, global
standards"  does appear to be a bit of an overreach. Always this plantation
imagery!!!

This tendency to exclude is irritating, in passing. For it leaves out lots
of people -  like, for example, us Jamaicans  - from having a say in issues
that save and except religion, will impact our lives more profoundly than
not.

On the balance of the evidence, the CIRP proposal is summarily rejected for
cause. It goes against my nature to have anyone decide for me without let
or hindrance.

Carlton

Carlton A Samuels
Mobile: 876-818-1799