[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO and Elections

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Thu Jul 28 16:36:57 UTC 2011

Consensus without a quorum? That is really uncommon common sense. I
grew up knowing that if there is no quorum, there is no activity that
is official coming from that non-quorate "meeting". Therefore, how can
there be consensus if there wasn't a quorate meeting? A connsensus of
4? when quorum is double that?
Besides, I didn't see a call for a VOTE, I saw an online POLL to
confirm the consensus. (Similar as counting hands in a room, or having
the members in f2f say AYE or NO. (Which brings us to acclamation)
Maybe there's a problem with the translation because poll and vote are
two very different things in English.

Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and
Free. (after Chris Lehmann )