[lac-discuss-en] JAS

Cintra Sooknanan cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 13:49:46 UTC 2011

Dear Sergio and All,

Carlton, Carlos and I are on the JAS working group and I am sure we will all
endorse the work being done to ensure that needy applicants are also able to
obtain new gTLDs.

I can also confirm that the Alice (leader of the GAC working group on
applicants from developing countries) made a very good statement of the
importance of the JAS' work to the GAC (on Sunday) and has linked that work
in their scorecard presented to the Board in Brussels on Monday. They also
expressed that the JAS interim report was a focus for the GAC.

I believe the Board representative on this topic mentioned that JAS' work
was important. Sebastien also gave supporting words on the work being done
and even encouraged GAC members to come and help with JAS' work.

I have had email correspondence with Alice and she has indicated that she
will join JAS calls in the near future.

The above not only highlights the support given to the JAS working group but
also the importance of the work being done in this area. In this respect, I
propose that we vote in support the JAS working group's revised charter,
which will empower its continued effort and increase the scope of this work
to include IDNs.

Best regards

Cintra Sooknanan