[lac-discuss-en] candidates to raise Icann

cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 25 02:40:29 UTC 2010

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: candidates to raise Icann
From: cintra.sooknanan at gmail.com

Dear LACRALO members,

In making this crucial decision we must not only assess candidates based on
our personal knowledge and interaction with them, but also takethe Time to
evaluate and review the intentions, statements and comments of the
candidates on the AT Large Director's Workspace Forum-
https://community.icann.org/display/DirCan/At-Large+Director+Candidate-Community+Forum+-+11.10.
Personally,
I have not had the pleasure of meeting or interacting directly with any of
candidates these.

Fundamental Thankfully, this limitation is not in the Trinidad and Tobago
Computer Society's approach to selecting to candidate. Our approach is
to primarily evaluate the candidates based on the information before U.S.
(that is the intentions, statements and responses given by thecandidates on
various issues). We do uses our personal knowledge of these candidates but
this is only for bolstering our selection. I implore all of the to other ALSes
to take this approach in gauging to suitable candidate, under that we ensure the
best representation to meet the objectives in the coming term.

With regard to the language issues relating to communication with ICANN's
Board. We recognise that though the ability of to potential candidate to
speak multiple languages is admirable, it is not crucial; and the language
criteria should not be the crux for assessment of the candidates. But,
Article I SAW Section 3 Subsection 6 of ICANN's bye laws states that ICANN
Directors shall be "* Persons who plows able to work and communicate in written
and and spoken English * "we acknowledge the language of ICANN's Board is
English. We also notices Article III Section 7. Ace such, we should choose a
candidate who is demonstrates to level of literary dexterity, tact and
diplomacy in using the English Language.

Whilst we congratulate all the candidates in taking part in this esteemed
process; the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society there are concluded (from the
above process) that Alan Greenberg there are by his intentions, statements and
and serve
his duty to act in ICANN's best interests on the Board. His responses
consistently show to balanced level of understanding of the issues facing
ICANN and AT-Large; and takes into account the corollary of perspectives of
to other stakeholders which is pertinent to working on ICANN'sBoard. Further,
we to consider that Alan there are demonstrated the ability towork amiably with
different constituency groups and this is indicative of his fortitude to
work with various Board members.

Kind regards,

Sooknanan Arch
Attorney AT Law
Director of Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society
http://ttcsweb.org/

I recognize the limitations of the translation programs, reason why I have
used Google Translate to guarantee the clarity:

Considered members of the LACRALO,

When taking this important decision that it not only must evaluate the candidates
on the base of our personal knowledge and the interaction withthem,
but also to take the time to evaluate and to review the intentions,
declarations and commentaries of the candidates of the AT-Large Director of
area of Foro-https: //community.icann.org/display/DirCan/AT-Large
Candidatos-Foro director of the community - 11.10.Personalmente, I have not had
the pleasure to know or to interact directly with some of these
candidates.

Luckyly, this limitation is not fundamental in the approach of Trinidad
and Tobago, the Society of Computation to select to a candidate. Ours
approach is mainly for evaluating to the candidates on the base of
information that we have before us (that is to say, the intentions,
declarations and answers given by the candidates on several
subjects). We do
use of our personal knowledge of the candidates, but this is only
in order to reinforce our selection. Imploro to all the ALSes another one, to have
this approach in the measurement of an suitable candidate, so that we pruned
to guarantee the best representation to fulfill the objectivesin the next one
mandate.

With respect to the lingüísticas questions related to the communication
with the Meeting of ICANN. We recognize that in spite of the capacity of
potential candidate to speak several languages is admirable, he is not crucial, and
the language criteria do not have to be the crucial point for the evaluation of
the candidates. Nevertheless, the article I SAW, section 3 interjection 6 of the laws
of the ICANN bye says that to the Advisors of the ICANN "People who are
able to work and to communicate in English spoken and written ", and
we recognize the language of the Meeting of ICANN is the English. Also it has in
it counts article III of Section 7. Like so, we must choose
candidate who demonstrates to a level of literary skill tact and
diplomacy in the use of the English language.

Although we congratulated to all the candidates in participating in this process of
it considers; of Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society it has concluded (from the process
previous) which Alan Greenberg has by his intentions, the declarations and
answers to traverse shone like the most suitable candidate so that us
represent and to fulfill his to have to act in the best one ofthe interests of
ICANN in the Meeting. Their answers show a level consistently
balance of the understanding of the problems that faces the ICANN and
AT-Large, and considers the corolario of the perspective of others
actors who are pertinent to work in the Meeting of ICANN. In addition,
we considered that Alan has demonstrated the capacity to work in a friendly way
with the different groups and this he is indicative of his strength to work
with several members of the Meeting.

A warm greeting,

Sooknanan Arch
Lawyer in Right
Director of the Society of Computation of Trinidad and Tobago
http://ttcsweb.org/

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 AT 6:25 p.m., <natalia.enciso at gmail.com> wrote:
> > [ [ - - Translated text (is - &gt; in)--]] > > > Subject: Re: candidates to raise Icann > From: natalia.enciso at gmail.com > > Considered to member of LACRALO: > > First which nothing I apologize by my little participation in the list, by > personal reasons I have not been able to do it. > > Ace Officers' Club of Revolutionary Armed Forces ace the selection of candidate, like new to member of LACRALO and > participant of ICANN, personally single I have known SebastiénBachollet, > thus I adhere to all the declared one by which they you precede takes. I do not > have > had contact with the to other candidates who demonstrate even level > for its selection. Nevertheless, I to consider the support important that the > chosen one > dog give LACRALO. > Trusting one guessed right selection according to the credentials of > candidates and of the support due to our region, support whichdecides > mayoria and our representatives. > > Warm greetings, > > Natalia Enciso > APADIT > Par!
 aguay > > The 23 of November of 2010 15:28, Fatima Cambronero < > fatimacambronero at gmail.com &gt; wrote: > &gt; Considered, &gt; &gt; From AGEIA DENSI Argentina, to after to have followed close > by all &gt; process of selection for the Board Director, having participated a > &gt; to traver of its members in the different ready activities stops &gt; to know > its candidates and to their Declarations Interest, and having &gt; had in account > several of the expressed criteria respect to &gt; to better conditions or > qualities than return to to elegible candidate in &gt; preference to otro/s, we > want to express that: &gt; &gt; - the three proposed candidates plows valid and > suitable candidates, with &gt; solid formation, exact knowledge of ICANN and > ALAC (some &gt; dwells than to another one) and of its respective Agendas &gt; &gt; - We > thank for and we valued the contributions made by the different ones &gt; > members of LACRALO, that expressed to their opinions, to!
  their experiences and &gt; > knowledge of some of the candida!
 tes, its
 valuations on &gt; different criteria > to to consider AT the Time of the selection, his &gt; intentions to choose certain > candidate. &gt; &gt; - All t! > hese contributions help U.S. to grow like community walks &gt; to make decisions > that benefit U.S. to all. &gt; &gt; - the margin Is very narrow that would possibly > inclines to U.S. to support to &gt; Sebastien Bachollet by on the rest of the > candidates. &gt; &gt; &gt; warm Greetings, &gt; &gt; &gt; Fatima Cambronero &gt;&gt; &gt; &gt; 2010/11/23 > Presidency Internaut <presidencia at internauta.org.ar>: &gt; &gt; Jose Ovid, > replaced my to your explanation answers it in the mail Jorge &gt; &gt; Amodio &gt; > &gt; Warm Greetings &gt; &gt; * &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sergio Saline I carry &gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; President &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Argentina Internaut &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Argentina > Association de Usuarios de Internet &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to > to http://internauta.org.ar &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to to presidencia at interna!
 uta.org.ar &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; skype:internautaargentina &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > talk:salinasporto at gmail.com <talk%3Asalinasporto at gmail.com> < > talk%A'salinasporto at gmail.com <talk%253Asalinasporto at gmail.com>&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; MSN:salinasporto at hotmail.com <MSN%3Asalinasporto at hotmail.com> < > MSN%A'salinasporto at hotmail.com <MSN%253Asalinasporto at hotmail.com>&gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; TeL:+54 9 223 (15) 5 215819 &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; * &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; the 23! > /11/2010 02:34 p.m., Jose Ovid Salgueiro To wrote: &gt; &gt; &gt;! > Quiero > to do to clarifying one ace Officers' Club of RevolutionaryArmed Forces ace the indicated point of "Handling of &gt; &gt; > &gt; Languages "&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; For the indispensable Board is that > the candidate speaksperfect English, &gt; thus &gt; &gt; &gt; is required AT the > Time of any postulation reason why this if it is &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; "excluding" > subject. It is not the marries for ALAC. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &g!
 t; &gt; In this marries > the three candidates speaks perfect !
 Englishb
ut I considered&gt; &gt; &gt; > important to leave this point in clear &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > JOS &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; original -----Mensaje &gt; > &gt; &gt; Of: lac-discuss-it is - bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org&gt; &gt; > &gt; [ mailto:lac-discuss-is - bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org] In name of > &gt; &gt; &gt; Presidency Internaut &gt; &gt; &gt; Sent: Tuesday, 23 of November > of 2010 12:40 p.m. &gt; &gt; &gt; For: Jorge Amodio &gt; &gt; &gt; CC: > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org &gt; &gt; &gt; Subject: Re: [ > lac-discuss-is ] candidates to rais! > and Icann &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; for Thanks your contribution Jorge, moan > that you find interpreted that &gt; &gt; &gt; "some we had not takenthe > annoyance to read the Bylaws ", &gt; &gt; &gt; perocuando I put dí by > understood that "nonexcluding" we knew that &gt; &gt; &gt; ingles ifit were > necessary, not thus to other languages, followin!
 g the line of &gt; &gt; &gt; that > occupies to U.S., in the marries of SÃ&copy;bastien, I have seen and hatred ace it > speaks very &gt; &gt; &gt; well Spanish and ingles, in the marries of Alan, single > I could communicate some &gt; &gt; &gt; Time with in ingles, Pierre to never > crosses words. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Although always you have been a > preoccupation the subject ofthe translations and &gt; &gt; &gt; the internal > communication in ICANN in our THIN one, weunderstood from &gt;&gt; &gt; > Argentina Internaut, who if there am fulfilled the to otherrequirements this not &gt; > &gt; &gt; could be excluding AT the Time of making to decision, but that we > had &gt; &gt; &gt; to analyze the assembly of all th! > and items and if ademas wise to communicate in &gt; &gt; &gt; the l! > anguages > of the extraextra region, was going to give an to him (single to the light > of &gt; &gt; &gt; parity between candidates), since it guaranteed the you flow > communic!
 ation to U.S. &gt; &gt; &gt; with the THIN one. &gt; &gt; &gt;!
  &gt; &g
t; &gt; > Espero to have been able to clarify badly understood &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > Warm Greetings &gt; &gt; &gt; * &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Sergio Saline I carry &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; President &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Argentina Internaut > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Argentina Association de Usuarios de Internet &gt;&gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to to http://internauta.org.ar &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to > to presidencia at internauta.org.ar &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > skype:internautaargentina &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > talk:salinasporto at gmail.com <talk%3Asalinasporto at gmail.com> < > talk%A'salinasporto at gmail.com <talk%253Asalinasporto at gmail.com>&gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; MSN:salinasporto at hotmail.com<MSN%3Asalinasporto at hotmail.com>< > MSN%A'salinasporto at hotmail.com <MSN%253Asalinasporto at hotmail.com>&gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; TeL:+54 9 223 (15) 5 215819 &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; * &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt!
 ; the 23/11/2010 01:37 p.m., Jorge A! > modio wrote: &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; for Intercedo simply to make to explanation > those who is not had &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; taken the annoyance to read and to > interpret the Bylaws that you determine &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; requirements that > establish the for elegibilidad of to person one &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; position in > the ICANN directory. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; 7. Handling of > Languages (nonexcluding) &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; Especificamente on this point the > Bylaws in Section 3. CRITERIA FOR &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; SELECTION OF DIRECTORS > point 6 says: &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; "6. Able Persons who plows > to work and communicate inwritten and spoken &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; English. "&gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; What means that people who do not count on > the ability stops &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; to express itself ace much in form written > ace spoken in ingles is not &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; elegibles !
 for the director > position. &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt!
 ; &gt; K
ind Greetings &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > Jorge &gt; &gt; &gt; &g! > t; &gt; &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________! > &gt; &gt; > &gt; lac-discuss-is mailing list &gt; &gt; &gt; > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org &gt; &gt; &gt; > https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is &gt; &gt; > &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; http://www.lacralo.org &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; > _______________________________________________ &gt; &gt; lac-discuss-is > mailing list &gt; &gt; lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org &gt; &gt; > https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is &gt; &gt; &gt; > &gt; http://www.lacralo.org &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; -- &gt; FÃ tima Cambronero &gt; > Lawyer-Argentina &gt; President Ageia Densi &gt; http://ar.ageiadensi.org/ &gt; &gt; > _______________________________________________ &gt; lac-discuss-is mailing > list &gt; lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org &gt; > https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/ma!
 ilman/listinfo/lac-discuss-is &gt; &gt; > http://www.lacralo.org &gt; > > > > -- > natalia.enciso at gmail.com > _______________________________________________ > > > > > [ [ - - Original text (he is) > http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/8b0c4dà9c.html > --]] > > > > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-in mailing list > lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org > https://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-in > >

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/1427e11e40.html