[lac-discuss-en] in the translations

Jacqueline Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Mon Nov 22 17:12:07 UTC 2010

Hi Carlos
To me, this seems like a proposal for language separation on the lists.
Non-Spanish speakers will miss out on a lot of discussion in Spanish and
non-English speakers will miss out on the discussion in English.
Additionally, I don't think that we can or should require anyone to learn a
new language (Spanish or English)  in order to participate in LACRALO. The
region has many languages, and we agreed  in the beginning to work at least
in two of them, Spanish and English.
I agree that the translation is not perfect at this time, but ICANN's
proposal to look at alternatives that may be better should be supported, and
there is no need to change how the entire list system works until this
initiative is implemented and evaluated.

Jacqueline A. Morris
Technology should be like oxygen: Ubiquitous, Necessary, Invisible and Free.
(after Chris Lehmann <http://twitter.com/chrislehmann> )