[lac-discuss-en] HEAD OF CATTLE: Material of reading...

sylvia at prontocl.com.br sylvia at prontocl.com.br
Sat Jul 18 07:30:04 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: HEAD OF CATTLE: Material of reading...
From: sylvia at prontocl.com.br

Thanks Jorge and Eduardo!
Very interesting material east
Sylvia

-----Mensagem original
Of: lac-discuss-it is -bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org
[ mailto:lac-discuss-is -bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org ] command post nome of Jorge
Amodio
Shipment command post: sixth-feira, 17 of julho of 2009 20:30
It stops: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Assunto: [ lac-discuss-is ] Material of reading...

Surely they habran noticed that in several of the discussion forums that
but we are involved with the history of Internet and mainly from
the tecnico sector, we showed certain degree of resistance some subjects,
that although they do not create it they come discussing itself by much but of decada, and a
the processes that are estan developing in ICANN.

This resistance has a strong foundation and it is not simplememente
tecnico whim, and quizas are but facil to understand and to have a panorama
but ample for those who do not know this history if who we were part of
she we began to participate but.

As quizas they know most of the information that is generated from
tecnico sector, including intelligence documents, is shaped in
series of documents that are denominated RFC or Request For Comments.

Lamentably these documents estan in ingles and I believe that single few
of informative character they have been translated.

Talking with an old friend and colleague, Eduardo Suarez, of the University
of the Silver in Argentina (that also receives these
messages) we took the audacity to select a series of RFCs
informative, trying to avoid those that are strictly tecnicas so that
serve like reading material for those who esten interested in
to deepen but in some subjects related to the system of names of
dominions and several of the polemicas that are generated around the same one.

So far not to flood them them step the reference to three of them:

RFC3071 - Reflections on the DNS, RFC 1591, and Categories of Domains
                 J. Klensin, February 2001
                 http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3071.txt

RFC3467 - Role of the Domain Name System (DNS)
                 J. Klensin, February 2003
                 http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc3467.txt

RFC3675 - sex Considered Dangerous
                 D. Eastlake 3rd, February 2004