[lac-discuss-en] [At-Large] Presidential Rumour?

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 19:23:38 CDT 2009

Any one who follows my tweets would also know I had a 'formal' introduction
/ meeting with him yesterday morning ;-) BTW  if you want my totally biased
view => then it is "so far so good" and   he has a Huge Thumbs Up from me
based on that interaction and what I've searched out, watched and heard so
far...
So if/when this important appointment is confirmed his week, then we
certainly will be in a time of transition with a leader well equipped to
deal with those challenges *and* who understands ICANN's needs for
Transparency Openness (as opposed to Open(m)ess but he does understand both
our concerns and needs for both Internationalization as well as
Regionalization as far as I can ascertain....  I'm also sure he will be
happy to meet with/ engage with our Community(ies) at the earliest possible
time...

CLO

2009/6/25 Patrick Vande Walle <patrick at vande-walle.eu>

> Oh yes. I can confirm this gentleman has been here in Sydney for the
> whole week with an ICANN staff badge, but we are still waiting for a
> official announcement.
>
> Patrick
>
> Carlton Samuels wrote, On 25/6/09 01:14:
> > See the story at :
> >
> http://www.nextgov.com/nextgov/ng_20090619_9794.php?oref=rss?zone=itsecurity
> >
> > Carlton Samuels
> >
> > At-Large Official Site: http://atlarge.icann.org