[lac-discuss-en] Support to the Statement de Cheryl

andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:03:22 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Support to the Statement de Cheryl
From: andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com

CONSIDERED, I DO NOT HAVE ANY DOUBT, statement of CHERYL MUST BE SUPPORTED and TO CONTINUE DISCUSSING POLICY SUBJECTS.

I copy the content, greetings here

Andrés Piazza
President of LACRALO

http://www.atlarge.icann.org/files/atlarge/alac-travel-policy-for-volunteers-24mar09-en.pdf

ALAC and AT-Large Travel Support Requirements
Response of the ALAC to the Public Consultation on to Revised Travel Support for Procedure Volunteers
This document you have been translated from English in order to reach to wider audience. While the Internet
For corporation Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) there are made efforts to verify the accuracy of the
translation, English is the working language of ICANN and the original English of this document is the only
official and authoritative text. You may find the original English AT:
Page 1 of 3
Introductory Note
By the Staff of ICANN
This statement is the outcome of discussions of the ALAC and the Regional AT-Large
Organisations during the AT-Large Summit that were then compiled by ALAC Member Alan
Greenberg into to draft text.
Regional That draft was transmitted to the ALAC and the leaders for comments on 18th March.
Alan comments then incorporated received, and this draft circulated tothe public ALAC mailing
list on 23rd March.
This draft was then introduced for decision AT the ALAC meeting of 24th March, where it was
approved by consensus.
The Chair of the ALAC, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, transmitted it to the public consultation forum on
16th April 2009.
[ End of Introduction ]
Page 2 of 3
ALAC and AT-Large Travel Requirements
The Past
Prior to FY09 (July 2008 - June 2009), ICANN supported ALAC/At-Large Travel ace follows:
A. 15 ALAC members AT ICANN meetings (5 Nominating Committee appointees (NCA) and 10
selected by Thin or before to their existence, by the Board).
B. 2 Liaisons AT ICANN meetings.
C. Eleven Thin existed, 1-2 THIN leadership positions, typically the and/or Chair the Secretariat.
The average to number to per meeting stabilized AT about 7 to per ICANN meeting.
D. Eleven Thin ones began forming, about 15 representatives of ALSs from within the region where the
meeting was held.
And Ace Thin were being formed, and to to lesser extent afterwards, there were regional meetings AT
times to other meetings than ICANN to which regional ALS representatives were funded.
For FY09, the ALAC waived D and and to be replaced by the AT-Large Summit.
In the formal August-08 Travel for Procedure FY09, the "current situation" (that is, preceding FY09)
mentioned only To and ignored all to other previously supported travel. Ultimately, items B and C were
reinstated on to meeting-by-meeting basis, ostensibly due to the short notice of the formal withdrawal
of such funding and due to the need to for plan the Summit. Inthe Procedure, Liaisons were described
ace being funded by the receiving organization, but that was to later changed to being funded by the
sending organization.
Moreover, AT the Paris meeting, the Board passed to resolution saying that starting in FY10 (beginning
in July 2009), similar the ALAC would receive funding on to level to Supporting Organizations to under
the Travel Procedure, which was widely interpreted ace being the to chair and NCAs, extra 50% of the
remaining members.
To go 2/3 from A+B+C+D+E to roughly of To you have been described by some ace having the having the
budget "slashed". However, it must be noted that this reduction is inferred from previous staff
statements and Board actions and you have to never been explicitly stated official ace policy.
The Future
ICANN there are made and is making to very sizable investment in ALAC and AT-Large. The AT-Large
Summit in Mexico City, coupled with recent ALAC involvement ina to number of GNSO and ICANN
activities and the generally optimistic ALAC independent review process indicate that this investment
is paying off.
By its very nature, ALAC financial and AT-LARGE represents users and not those with vested interest in
the business of the Internet. Very few activates members of the ALAC community plows employed with
ICANN-related issues in their job descriptions, and virtually none plows in a position to have employers
partially or completely fund travel to ICANN. In fact, for many, even the ongoing levels of activity plows
activities often undertaken personal ace without Time-off being given by employers.
For If ICANN should follow-through on not funding travel some ALAC members, it is virtually
certain that most or all would not be able to attend ICANN meetings. This would significantly threaten
the ability of ALAC to function, and would likely prompt AT least some of the to other members
(including NCAs) to resign due to the lack of to critical massAT meetings.
Page 3 of 3
THIN Moreover, it would be to false saving not to fund leadership attendance AT ICANN meetings.
These plows the key people in the regions who must motivate and act ace liaisons to to their ALSs. It is
critical that these people be fully involved in the ICANN organization.
Lastly, the AT-Large Summit was widely praised ace being both successful and indicative of the
promise of AT-Large. Although such to massive undertaking is not envisioned again in the immediate
future, it seems wise to maintain some level of activity and contact. To this end, it is suggested that
one General Assembly to per THIN (with an average of 15 ALSs each) be funded on to regulating basis.
These could be during ICANN meetings when the venue makes this possible for the region where the
meeting is held, or otherwise to shorter meetings held in-region.
Logistics
It is very important that ALAC members, AT the very least, be housed in the same hotel used by the
majority of to other ICANN Supporting Organizations and Committees. The opportunities that this
prograpevines for interaction between ALAC members and the rest of the ICANN community cannot be
overestimated and is felt to be crucial for ensuring that ALACbecomes to truly integrated part of the
ICANN family. Similarly, for those ALAC members who plows interested, it is essential that travel
procedures inable them to be present during the entire ICANN meeting (including the Board meeting)
and that for long trips (perhaps to over 15-18 hours) they be allowed to arrive sufficiently early under ace to
be awake and productive during to their first meetings.
For The need making travel arrangements well in advance for both cost and sights reasons, and the need
for developing working per-diem distribution mechanisms have been discussed ad infinitum in
Mexico City, and plows being mentioned here solely to reinforce to their importance.
We expect that you will be receiving to number of private statements attempting to delineate specific
to air travel requirements. The ALAC is very supportive of to clear procedures and transparent exception
processes allowing the uses of reasonable economy airfares which maximize the to volunteer traveler's
comfort and benefits. For We ask flexibility to ensure that volunteers dog make to their journeys to and
from ICANN meetings in able reasonable comfort and be to function efficiently while on ICANN
business and to to recover quickly on to their return home.
ALAC there are made previous statements on travel issues which plows still applicable - see
https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?al_alac_bud_sc_0308_1_1. Please notices comments on travel support
in the AT-Large Summit Declaration - see http://www.atlarge.icann.org/files/atlarge/correspondence-
05mar09-en.pdf
Summary
ALAC prior requests ICANN travel funding AT roughly the levelthat it was to FY09. Specifically:
• 15 ALAC members AT each ICANN meeting;
• 2 Bylaw-mandated Liaisons;
• 8 THIN leadership positions AT each ICANN meeting (recent changes in the European
THIN imply that they will now have 2 leadership positions instead of 1);
• 5 regional General Assemblies to per to year (1 to per region), to be held during an ICANN meeting if
appropriate. Airfares will be to lower due the regional nature, and non-ICANN meetings will be
much to shorter.
• Flexibility in providing economy class airfares which maximize the to volunteer traveler's
comfort and benefits.
> Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 13:46:23 -0700 > From: admin at ttcsweb.org > To: lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > CC:  > Subject: Re: [ lac-discuss-is ] today teleconferencing >  >  > [ [ - - Translated text (in - &gt; is)--]] >  >  > Subject: Re: today teleconferencing > Of: admin at ttcsweb.org >  > Cheryl Langdon-Orr fixed a declaration possible re: RecorridoEn-Grande   > Aid in the guides of consultation of the aid of the lacomunidad route that could LACRALO   > aid:  >   > Original Message  > Subject: Re: public [ ALAC ] Consulta on the community of the sketch   > TravelGuidelines for FY2010: Voluntary editor Of the NeededDeclaration  > Date: Thu, The 11 Of June 2009 10:46:55 Of +1000  > Of: Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr at gmail.com>  >: alac at atlarge-lists.icann.org, En-Grande personnel <staff at atlarge.icann.org>  > References: <4A2F1028.2070402 at atlarge.icann.org>  >   > Porqué does not do it as soon as we put something like this inside like declaration with   > the specific !
 aid of THIN and ALS enumerated hope of I...  >.. the ALAC wishes to do clearly the following one in the connection with  > proposed procedures of the route for FY2010:  >   > In this sketch, suggests any tape startings of THIN can take care of each one   > of the three meetings of ICANN, or of the financing for esas10 people can be   > used to General Assemblies for regional En-Grande   > Organizations ("Thin") through the year.  >   > the ALAC * (and this one is where we could enumerate literally THIN and ALS  > aid) * must reiterate our previous ends that this one noes  > situation of "either/or". There has been a very clear advantage to the THIN one   > direction that assiste of meetings of ICANN on many levels.In the same time, a   > the occasion so that each THIN one solves face to face every year is also of enormous   > advantage.  >   > Entendemos that there are many communities in ICANN that they require   > aid of the route. Whereas in an ideal world, it would be p!
 ossible stops   > each one of the Thin ones to take care of a !
 ICANN th
at solves every year, we understand   > that ideal is not always possible. Therefore we think that the THIN one   > the gas could be carried out with existing regional meetings jointly related   > to the Internet maintained every year, on a day or two, to keep costs down   > whereas one makes sure that each region has the expensive meeting to essential face   > needs, because all the reasons enumerated previously in ourvario   > declarations on this subject on the course of the separatorof thousands of * (could of the time...   > connections to the previous declarations here also) *  >   > CLO  >   > Extreme of the original message  >   >   >   >   >   > sylvia at internautabrasil.org wrote: &gt; [ [ - - translated text (is - &gt;)--]] of in &gt; &gt; &gt; subject: today teleconferencing &gt; of: sylvia at internautabrasil.org &gt; &gt; wanted companions of LACRALO: &gt; &gt; the 4/06 of the personnel of Icann sent a message to us in the new policy of &gt; trips that they will inc!
 lude in the next fiscal period of ICANN, so that &gt; we comment outside towards with respect to her &gt; &gt; and 10/06sent a new message to us yesterday which rough sketch of the operativeplan and the budget FY10 invited us to think ignition &gt;, of which thatnewone includes &gt; political of trips today &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;, there will be teleconferencing, with the service of the translation in Spanish shutdowns &gt; to take care of these subjects &gt; &gt; is very important that we participated all from this "new politica of &gt; the trips" in negative form the participation of the representing ALSs and his &gt; &gt; &gt;if http://www.icann.org/en/topics/tra observes in pag 7 &gt; &gt;! > vel-support/draft-travel-support-guideline &gt; s-27may09-en.pdf &gt; &gt; heis tried to order regional meetings and that the ALSs does not participate inside &gt; the meetings "normal" of ICANN to lower the priceof costs, since you are &gt; the meetings would have a small agenda much !
 more and would last 1 or 2 days &gt; &gt; soliciing whenever t!
 heEn-Gra
nde community participates and gives his &gt; the opinion in new subjects GTL, IPV6, DNS, but she will not admit that we participated &gt; of the factories and/or the conferences, of that in alwaysare of these subjects done &gt; in the ICANN encounter &gt;    > &gt; will be today teleconferencing and in willbe of Sydney there a public discussion! &gt; &gt; we cannot follow closed for above, I wewaited for its commentaries &gt; &gt; greetings, &gt; &gt; Sylvia Herlein Leite &gt; &gt; Internaut Of Brazil &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; [ [ - - original text (it is) &gt; http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/bc6ë46324.html &gt;--]] &gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; _______________________________________________ &gt; list that sends lacquer-discuss-lac-discuss-in &gt; lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org &gt; http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-en_atlarge-lists.icann.org  >   > _______________________________________________  > !
  >  >  >  > [ [ - - Original text (in) > http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/bä'9f0e82.html > --]] >  >  >

Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% to faster.

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/861f300ebc.html